May Mobility is transforming cities through autonomous technology to create a safer, greener, more accessible world. Based in Ann Arbor, Michigan, May develops and deploys autonomous vehicles (AVs) powered by our innovative Multi-Policy Decision Making (MPDM) technology that literally reimagines the way AVs think.
Our vehicles do more than just drive themselves - they provide value to communities, bridge public transit gaps and move people where they need to go safely, easily and with a lot more fun. We’re building the world’s best autonomy system to reimagine transit by minimizing congestion, expanding access and encouraging better land use in order to foster more green, vibrant and livable spaces. Since our founding in 2017, we’ve given more than 300,000 autonomy-enabled rides to real people around the globe. And we’re just getting started. We’re hiring people who share our passion for building the future, today, solving real-world problems and seeing the impact of their work. Join us.
May Mobility is entering an exciting phase of growth and our team is expanding quickly. We are looking for a Global Director of Field Engineering to help create the vision for the future and to scale the organization, supporting May’s future ambitions as an international leader in connected, shared, autonomous mobility solutions. This role will manage a team of field autonomy engineers (FAEs) in the US and Japan and will report to the VP of Customer Operations.
- Define the vision for the future of Field Autonomy Engineering
- Manage a global team of Field Engineering Managers to launch, support, and expand AV products and services in-market
- Motivate, inspire and mentor team members to excel
- Collaborate with Customer Operations to refine processes and best practices to ensure consistent delivery and support for our customer base
- Serve as a point of escalation for team members and customers
- Partner with product and engineering to continuously improve products and bring the voice of the customer into the organization
- Identify opportunities for continuous improvement
- Drive true value for customers - partner with Customer Operations leadership to deeply understand our customers’ objectives
- Work with Customer Operations leadership to identify and drive renewal and expansion opportunities
- Ensure consistent processes, standards, and procedures for the technical development of customer deployment Next
- Drive partnership and collaboration with Product Managers, Autonomy, and Engineering leaders to ensure solution and feature roadmaps capture business needs, reflecting the customer landscape.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or similar technical field is required; Master’s or MBA preferred
- Minimum of 10 years of business experience
- 5+ years’ experience leading a team
- Strong intuition with the ability to anticipate future needs
- Experience in building Senior Executive-level relationships
- A “customer first” attitude
- Success with creating and executing processes that scale, supported by technology
- Ability to lead through influence, working cross-functionally
- Ability to break down complex problems into clear, manageable parts and execute the solution
- Ability to use data to drive action
- Strong people management, coaching and development experience
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and comfortable presenting to different audiences including experience presenting to Executive Management Teams.
- Experience working in a Linux-based software development environment
- Familiarity with basic principles of mobile robotics, autonomous vehicles, and their operations
- Ability to operate and drive vehicles
- Prior experience in field engineering, sales engineering, or solutions engineering
- Willingness and ability to travel (up to 40%)
- Valid driver’s license with clean driving record
- Willingness to undergo a driving record check
- Master’s degree in engineering or related technical field or equivalent experience
- Experience leading projects with international stakeholders
- Experience facilitating relationships with customers in the Japanese market
- Experience launching AV products and services in market
Want to learn more about our culture & benefits? Check out our website!
May Mobility is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants for employment will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, genetics or any other legally protected basis. Below, you have the opportunity to share your preferred gender pronouns, gender, ethnicity, and veteran status with May Mobility to help us identify areas of improvement in our hiring and recruitment processes. Completion of these questions is entirely voluntary. Any information you choose to provide will be kept confidential, and will not impact the hiring decision in any way. If you believe that you will need any type of accommodation, please let us know.
Note to Recruitment Agencies: May Mobility does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Furthermore, May Mobility does not pay placement fees for candidates submitted by any agency other than its approved partners.