Director of Engineering at Seismic (San Diego, CA)
Seismic, a rapidly growing Forbes Cloud 100 company, is the global leader in enablement, helping make sales teams better by becoming more productive and engaging with buyers in a compelling way. Seismic’s platform provides continuous guidance to improve behavior, content, and skills to win more deals and deliver better experiences. Nearly 2,000 organizations including IBM and American Express have made Seismic their enablement platform of choice. Seismic integrates with business-critical platforms including Microsoft, Salesforce, Google and Adobe. Seismic is headquartered in San Diego, with offices across North America, Europe, and Australia.
What You'll be Doing:
- Responsible for building mission critical software and scoping and delivering large projects end-to-end.
- Lead a talented team of software engineers to create innovative ways to deliver complex technical solutions.
- Management of process and quality of service improvements, strategic planning, project management for software within the team, and management of resources across teams.
What you Bring:
- Master’s degree or foreign equivalent in computer science, engineering, or related field.
- 12 months of experience in job offered or engineering. In lieu of a master’s degree plus 12 months of experience, the employer will accept a bachelor’s degree in computer science, engineering, or related field, plus 3 years of experience in job offered or engineering.
- Any amount of experience in the additional requirements will be acceptable unless specific amount is noted. All experience can be concurrent.
- Prior academic background or work experience to include the following skills:
- Experience with software project management.
- Experience with object-oriented design and object-oriented languages.
- Experience with Agile practices.
- Experience working with teams building highly-distributed, large-scale solutions.
Resumes can be sent to Attn: Tom (Job #DE), Seismic Software, Inc. 12390 El Camino Real, Suite 300, San Diego, CA 92130.
Job Location: San Diego, CA
Headquartered in San Diego and with more than 1,300 employees across the globe, Seismic is the global leader in sales enablement, backed by firms such as Permira, Ameriprise Financial, EDBI, Lightspeed Venture Partners, and T. Rowe Price. Seismic also recently expanded its team and product portfolio with the acquisition of Percolate, Grapevine6, and Lessonly. Our board of directors is composed of several industry luminaries including John Thompson, former Chairman of the Board for Microsoft.
Seismic is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender, age, race, religion, or any other classification which is protected by applicable law.
UNITED STATES CANDIDATES ONLY: Notice regarding COVID-19 vaccination requirement as a condition of employment. At Seismic, we prioritize the health and wellbeing of our employees, families, and friends above all else. In response to the novel Coronavirus, and the increased transmissibility with recent variants, all new U.S. based Seismic employees, whose job requires them to meet in person with others or be present at a Seismic office in the course of their employment, must provide original documentation confirming status having received the prescribed vaccinations (doses) based on the manufacturer’s guidelines on their first day of employment. Accommodations due to medical or religious exemptions will be considered.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.