Director of Engineering at Chewy
Chewy is hiring a Director of Engineering for our Pet Health team in Fort Lauderdale, FL. Join best in class technical leadership team to build innovative solutions enabling pet parents to care for their pet’s health. This is a new role in a fast-growing business of one of the most innovative companies on the market today. You will be in a high-profile position which will have exposure across the entire business, influencing the vision and implementation of architecture, design and features for this critical business line. If you love solving hard problems, working with smart people and have a customer first mindset – join Chewy in this role and help lead our team to new innovations.
What you'll do:
- You will be tasked with building and managing multiple scrum teams comprised of software development managers, software engineers, quality engineers and technical product managers to deliver high quality software as part of the fastest growing e-commerce company on the market.
- Provide strong technical leadership, build autonomous teams & deliver on an ambition’s roadmap in the Pet Health market
- Mentor technical leaders and provide career development and professional growth of our amazing engineers and managers
- Oversee work of talented cross-functional teams to strategically plan, design and develop solutions critical to Chewy’s business
- Establish strong working relationships at all organizational levels and across functional teams
- Work with others in engineering management to drive best practices in software development, testing and production operations.
- Contribute to technical architecture decisions and lead efforts to build and maintain a highly scalable software platform
What you'll need:
- 12+ years of experience building commercial software and relevant experience in leadership roles within engineering organizations
- Must be a believer in Agile and Lean methodologies and have experience in evolving them at scale
- A track record of highly influential technical and leadership achievements, strong and current technical contributions
- Strategic manager with strong operational, project management and technical architecture skills
- Ability to excel within a VERY fast paced startup environment with a flat organizational structure and provide hands-on leadership to our top-tier engineers. Must have start up experience.
- Experienced in managing managers, as well as highly skilled senior engineers/architects
- BS or MS in Computer Science or related field
- E-commerce experience
- Java ecosystem experience
- AWS ecosystem experience
If you have a disability under the Americans with Disabilities Act or similar law, or you require a religious accommodation, and you wish to discuss potential accommodations related to applying for employment at Chewy, please contact [email protected]