Director of Engineering at CoreWeave
At CoreWeave we are building the next generation public cloud for accelerated workloads. Our stack consists of 8,000 bare metal servers with 45,000 GPUs total with over 7 data-centers. We lay Kubernetes on top to provide bare metal performance to users in ML Training, Real Time Inference and CGI markets. CoreWeave espouses small teams of high-performing, highly accountable engineers; the use of open source tools and libraries whenever possible; and focusing on delivering reliable, useful software to our customers.
The Director of Engineering will lead a group of teams comprised of highly skilled and creative developers and engineers. These teams work collaboratively to solve complex issues and have a drive to bring projects to completion. The Director will set the direction of the department to ensure that solutions have measurable impact for clients. We are looking for someone with a deep technical background that can execute quickly. You will direct multiple critical projects simultaneously, ensuring that all teams stay on track.
- Build and lead distributed teams who are focused on rapidly delivering high quality results
- Identify opportunities to improve process flows and speed through systems and tools
- Develop measurable goals for teams, and ensure alignment across teams to deliver
- Facilitate constructive communication across all teams, and provide coaching and counseling to team leads by mentoring, one-on-one meetings, and regular performance feedback
- Work closely with recruiting team to attract and evaluate talent
- A passion for leading emerging teams in a fast-paced environment
- Experience coaching and managing other leaders, and senior level staff that work on challenging issues and solutions that are scalable and executed rapidly
- Prior success in creating processes and developing cross-disciplinary collaboration between engineering, operations, support, sales and product groups
- Enthusiasm for staffing, interviewing, growing and retaining talent
- Passionate about operational excellence
- Excellent communication and organization skills to drive cross-disciplinary collaboration
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Exceptional attention to detail and follow-up
- Start-up with growth experience preferred
At CoreWeave we work hard, have fun and move fast! The company has entered a stage of hyper-growth that you will not want to miss out on! Today we are a small, growing team of intelligent, genuine people, that value different perspectives and approaches to solving complex problems. At CoreWeave we support and encourage an entrepreneurial outlook and independent thinking. We foster an environment that champions collaboration and prioritizes innovative solutions to complex problems. As we get set to take off, the growth opportunities within the organization are limitless. You will be surrounded by some of the best talent in the industry. Come join us!
We offer a competitive salary and benefits, including medical and dental insurance, 401(k) with a generous employer match, flexible PTO, catered lunch each day in our NJ office and weekly massages, a casual work environment, and a work culture focused on innovation.
CoreWeave is an equal opportunity employer, committed to our diversity and inclusiveness. We will consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, nationality, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, religion, disability or age.