Introduction to Shield AI
Shield AI’s mission is to protect service members and civilians with intelligent systems. Shield AI is a fast growing, venture-backed defense-technology company built around a team of proven executives, distinguished warfighters, and world-class AI engineers. Since 2018, Shield AI’s products and people have supported operations around the world with the US Department of Defense and our allies. Most recently, we acquired Heron Systems and Martin UAV as wholly owned subsidiaries of Shield AI. Join our team and shape the future of artificially intelligent systems.
Shield AI is looking for an expert software engineer, and world-class leader to scale our Hivemind Commander teams. The Hivemind Commander team team is chartered with developing mission planning, command and control and training experiences/UIs for operators, a critical part of the overall architecture of human-in/on-the-loop interactions with autonomous systems.
What you’ll do at Shield AI:
- Grow the team. This team has seven developers today and is expected to more than double in size by 2023.
- Make software development faster, and our products more capable and reliable through design and implementation of the right tools, processes, and architectures.
- Make our internal infrastructure reliable and secure.
- Define and enforce modern software design practices.
People we’re looking for:
- B.S. in Computer Science with 10+ years of work experience. Similar degree or equivalent practical experience acceptable.
- You have rock-solid fundamentals in software engineering.
- You have extensive expertise in the area of software operations and site reliability engineering, to include large scale test, integration, deployment systems, Operations Security, and IT operations.
- You have demonstrated the ability to build, lead, train and mentor a software engineering team at scale.
- You are a relentless learner who can comfortably develop the specialized knowledge necessary for tactical leadership of a small software engineering team, and the perspective required for strategic leadership of a large engineering team.
- You can recognize efficiency and inefficiency in software engineering processes; prioritize remedies based on accurate cost-benefit analysis; and then lead engineering teams through the design, development, deployment, and maintenance of the remedies.
- You have experience defining, encouraging, and enforcing modern software design practices.
If you're interested in being part of our team, apply now!
Shield AI is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
To conform to U.S. Government regulations, applicant must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State.