We're transforming the grocery industry
Instacart is the North American leader in online grocery and one of the fastest-growing companies in e-commerce. Since 2012, we’ve been working towards creating a world where everyone has access to the food they love and more time to enjoy it together.
Groceries delivered to your door in as little as an hour. It seems simple, right? Well, it’s more complex than that. From re-routing deliveries during snowstorms, to connecting customers with coupons and deals for their favorite brands, to updating over half a billion grocery data lines every night...our efforts bring Instacart closer to being the operating system for the grocery industry.
We are seeking a leader to establish a new team focused on delivering best-in-class custom solutions and services to some of the biggest retailers in the world, leveraging Instacart’s best-in-class products and experience. This is a unique opportunity for a proven leader to establish the foundation of a team that will not only meet & exceed our partners needs, and eventually to become one of the core pillars of Instacart’s journey of driving innovation.
As the leader of this team, you will engage with executive leadership of both Instacart and our retailers to ideate & implement roadmaps that accelerate innovation in grocery. You will build a cross-functional team of engagement managers, product & design & engineers that will own the definition and delivery of our retailers roadmaps end-to-end. Given the foundational elements of the role, you will have the opportunity to go deep in the weeds to start and gradually elevate to a strategic operations role as the team matures.
ABOUT THE JOB
- You will own one or more business-critical systems, and working closely with cross-functional partners will participate in developing the engineering vision and roadmaps for your organization.
- You will manage multiple multidisciplinary teams including other engineering managers and be responsible for your organization's productivity, operational excellence and business impact.
- You will provide hands-on technical management, guidance, and support including system/design/code reviews.
- You will hire and grow your teams with superior engineering talent, and coach and improve the performance of existing engineers in your organization.
- You will directly assist senior engineering leaders in decision making for the broader engineering organization.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering or equivalent work experience
- 7+ years of people management experience, including 5+ years managing other managers
- The ability to balance business needs, a sense of urgency, and shipping high quality and pragmatic solutions
- Experience in building and maturing engineering teams and infrastructure.
- Strong analytical skills and a sense of ownership
Accommodations & Accessibility
At Instacart, we strive to create an accessible and inclusive experience for all candidates. If you need assistance submitting an application through our career site due to a disability, please submit an Accommodations Request Form and someone from our team will reach out soon to see how we may be able to assist.