Director of Engineering (Omaha) at Prospera Technologies
Got what it takes to join an elite team at the edge of ag-tech innovation? See who we’re looking for:
We are looking for a Director of Engineering to be responsible for managing the personnel, planning, budgeting, and product development activities of the Prospera HW engineering product design team. You will also be responsible for coordination with product management, sales, and product development groups to ensure the product engineering activities align with the market activities and goals.
- Achieves engineering product development objectives by utilizing engineering information and recommendations to strategic plans and reviews.
- Implementing production, productivity, quality, and customer-service standards. completing audits, identifying trends, determining administrative system improvements, implementing change.
- Meets engineering product development financial objectives by forecasting engineering requirements; preparing an annual budget; scheduling expenditures; analyzing variances; initiating corrective actions.
- Develops strategic engineering plans by studying operational plans; studying existing conditions; determining needs to accomplish operational plans; mapping solutions; updating and modifying requirements and solutions; preparing cost estimates and budgets.
- Directs the team to plan engineering projects by determining specifications; selecting strategic design partners; and establishing design schedules
- Directs the team to completes engineering projects by supervising plans and weekly work as well as resolving design issues.
- Maintains safe and healthy work environment by establishing, following, and enforcing standards and procedures, complying with codes and legal regulations.
- Updates job knowledge by remaining current on codes and requirements; participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
- Provide design, reliability and cost reduction support for existing products
- Participate in activities to support Engineering advancements and improvements
- Participate, taking a leadership role at times, in targeted initiatives that achieve success for divisional goals
- Bachelor’s degree with 7+ years relevant work experience.
- Experience managing engineering personnel and teams across multiple locations.
- Experience with development of Engineering systems to improve throughput and improve quality.
- Strong project management skills with the ability to plan tasks, assign and manage resources, remove barriers, manage change, resolve conflict, build consensus, and motivate team members across multiple projects concurrently
- Demonstrated experience of empowering functional leaders to drive improvements that increase value to the customer
- Demonstrated success of networking within trade organizations to support Engineering developments
- Previous examples of organization goal developments with OKR metrics to show success
- Ability to travel 20% domestically, and 10% internationally, including overnight stays.
- Electrical Engineering degree- an advantage.
- Ten years of experience in product engineering with experience in new product development and sustaining engineering activities- an advantage.
- Demonstrated ability to lead organizational change-an advantage.
- Agile certifications- an advantage.