Director of Engineering - Backend at Socure (Remote)
Socure is redefining identity verification with groundbreaking technology, supporting myriad organizations with the most accurate authentication tools in the industry.
What we build helps businesses scale faster, stop fraud, and ultimately allows millions of people who are excluded from the digital economy (due to outdated fraud detection models) to take part in it like everyone else.
Our culture is about innovation, winning, and customer obsession. We are full of top performers that prioritize excellence and results, as well as support for one another, on the path to achieving our mission: to verify 100% of good identities in real time and completely eliminate identity fraud for every applicant on the internet.
To learn more about working at Socure visit our career page here: https://www.socure.com/company/careers
What the role is:
In our mission to become the single, trusted source of identity verification and eliminate identity fraud from the internet, data is at the core of what we build - It’s how we innovate and how we offer the most accurate Identity Verification on the market. With the company growing very fast and our customer needs even faster, the only way for us to succeed in our mission is to significantly scale how we work with data and build our ML models.
You will report directly to the VP of Engineering and will be expected to work closely with other product engineering teams, and platform teams as well as product management team, using your authority to influence changes. This is a key strategic leadership position, with ownership of entire products.
What You’ll Do:
- Build partnerships with onshore and offshore teams for all relevant projects
- Working closely with the product leaders to understand their goals and challenges, use this to help define the short and long term roadmap for your team as well as establish a budget to deliver on the objectives
- Providing strategic leadership, and direction to your team
- Assisting and directing the design and implementation of the products
- Help engineering best practices at the company, as well as build and deployment processes
- Helping define and maintain the highest quality of code through reusable libraries and frameworks
- Provide visibility on development progress and ensure ontime delivery
What You’ll Bring:
- 10+ years of software development experience
- 5+ years of technical leadership experience
- Experience building SaaS products at scale in a regulated environment
- Experience working on micro-service platform
- Extreme aptitude to automate operational workloads.
- Ability to develop operational knowledge to use any new technology or language as needed for the job
- A strong understanding of SDLC tools and processes, including source control, release control, change control, and automated build solutions
- Comfortable providing recommendations and identifying risks and mitigation plans
- Demonstrated ability to coordinate and facilitate multiple projects at a time, including proven ability to use resources effectively and efficiently
- A customer-first mindset and ability to communicate complex technical concepts with individuals across varying levels and functions of the organization
- Demonstrated ability to think strategically about business, product, and technical challenges, while building and conveying compelling value propositions
- Comfortable working within Agile methodologies in a cross-functional, collaborative team environment
- Excellent communication, organization, and documentation skills
- Competitive base salary
- Equity - every employee is a stakeholder in our upside
- Medical, dental and vision benefits for employees and their dependents
- Parental leave and fertility support
- Flexible PTO
- 401K with company match
- Stipend to supply your home office
- Annual professional development stipend
Socure's number one priority is to safeguard the health and well-being of our team members, our families and our communities. During this unprecedented time, we are closely monitoring COVID-19 developments and updating our response plan quarterly. We are regularly soliciting feedback from our employees to help inform our return-to-office strategy. For our team members who loved going into the office, we are looking forward to meeting once again! But until then, we are striving to ensure that Socureans have the resources and support they need to excel from home. This includes a work-from-home stipend so you can build your home office and fun, virtual events so you can continue to feel connected to your coworkers.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity of all kinds at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.