Diagnostic Software Engineer at Locus Robotics
Locus Robotics is a leader in the rapidly growing eCommerce order fulfillment optimization space. Our solution helps warehouse owners attain 2-3X efficiency improvement over cart-picking operations, by empowering pickers to work collaboratively with our robots. All this is accomplished while integrating with the operator’s Warehouse Management System, utilizing and optimizing existing facility infrastructure.
This is an opportunity to join the ranks of a brilliant, high performance team, deploying cutting-edge technology to address real-world logistics challenges for major global brands.Job Description
As a Diagnostic Software Engineer with Locus Robotics, you are a critical part of our high-performing Hardware development team. In this role you'll create test and diagnostic software for field support and production. For production you’ll write scripts in Python to interact with fixtures and robots to verify the functionality of electronics, sensors, and actuators. For field support you’ll write C++/Python code in a Linux environment to interrogate and display the status of the hardware and embedded system of deployed robots. You will also communicate with other teams and collect data in support of root-causing hardware related issues reported on deployed robots.
- Design and implement on-robot remote diagnostic software and associated tools to aide Customer Success team in debugging hardware and embedded related issues in the field.
- Design and implement a flexible, automated robot field data collection and dashboard system to support quality and engineering.
- Design and implement automated manufacturing tests in Python to support functional test coverage in production.
- Experience with the design of diagnostic software and field data collection in a production environment.
- Proficient in Python programming.
- Experience with typical robot sensors and actuators.
- Familiarity with working in a Linux environment.
- Experience with C/C++ on embedded microcontrollers desired.
- Excellent written and verbal skills.
- Experience with robotic systems and ROS a plus.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering or Physics.
Locus Robotics is an Equal Opportunity Employer