DevSecOps Engineer at Nexient (Columbus, OH)
| Columbus, OH
Sorry, this job was removed at 6:37 p.m. (CST) on Tuesday, April 19, 2022
About your future team
Nexient is on a mission: To rid the world of crappy software, one sprint at a time.
Every day, our 1000+ Agile developers, designers, and strategists empower each other to find passion in our work while we innovate the world. This culture of teamwork and curiosity is fueled by a product-minded approach to our work, crafting extraordinary custom software solutions and growing careers along the way.
Our clients range from some of America’s favorite brands in retail, healthcare, financial services to fast-emerging disruptors – You might have read about us in the NY Times. We’re also recognized as a Gartner Cool Vendor, HFS Hot Vendor, and America’s leading 100% U.S. Agile software services partner.
If you’re looking to change the trajectory of your career, make an impact on Day One, develop custom software on the best technology around – and maybe even make people’s lives easier -- then you belong here, with us.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Write complex code, building infrastructure as code, work with immutable “cloud” based environments, and build the supporting automated tool sets to test and deploy the systems developed
- Contribute to the code base of custom Application Orchestration tooling
- Design, develop, and implement solutions that align with DevSecOps methodologies, based on a set of standards and processes which establishes consistency across the enterprise
- Participates in the integration of projects into operations including instrumentation, automation, standardization, and methods/procedures
- Provide DevSecOps Coaching and or Consulting to assist the IT organization on their journey to rapid change coupled with higher uptime by implementing optimized quality guidelines and standards across the enterprise
- Participate in the development of Disaster Scenario and Chaos strategy and its implementation where resiliency is exercised daily as part of the development process
- Ensure a security first approach to adherence to best practices and guidelines
- Evaluates existing and new software products and tools for best fit within the constraints of the client’s IT Organization through the lens of a DevSecOps Practice
- Help in developing solid performance engineering and test automation solutions for complex projects
- Participate in legacy application porting to Cloud
Required Skills and Experience:
- Expertise in Shell Scripting, Linux, GIT and web services is required as a foundation
- Must be fluent or near fluent in 1 or more Object Oriented language: Python, Ruby, Groovy, NodeJS, TypeScript
- GO is a nice to have
- 5+ years of experience in areas of Software Configuration Management, Version Control, Build and Release management, Change management, Cloud Integration
- In-depth knowledge of Kubernetes, Containers, and Functions
- In-depth knowledge of DevSecOps practice methodologies and software delivery from commit to production
- Experience with composable Pipeline as Code in AWS Pipelines/CodeBuild and/or Azure Pipelines, Jenkins(X), or similar
- Automated application deployment in the cloud using Serverless and Container technology using AWS Lambda, Azure Functions, AWS Fargate, and the cloud native Kubernetes distribution
- Created and managed a code deployment pipeline for custom application in the cloud using
- Experience with IAC such as: TerraForm, Serverless.com, AWS CDK, AWS CloudFormation, Azure ARM, Cloud SDK and APIs
- In-Depth background with one Config as Code DSL: Chef, Ansible, SaltStack, Puppet
- Passionate about software development
- Passionate about software development
- Confident in speaking up and being yourself
- Innovative/Pioneering spirit
- Driven to deliver solutions that delight customers
- Passionate customer advocate
- Flexible, comfortable with change
- Quick learner seeks out new skill sets required for success
As a vital member of our Engineering Practice, you will be part of one of our 100+ small cross-functional teams working side by side with some of the most talented developers, UX designers, analysts, quality engineers, and product managers out there.
From Silicon Valley to Ann Arbor, Columbus, and beyond – a career with Nexient will offer you:
Remote, hybrid, or onsite opportunities: Here, you decide the work arrangement that best suits your needs and preferences.
Fulfilling and challenging projects: You will be exposed to different scenarios, multiple types of clients, and the most complex business and technology initiatives.
Access to the most cutting-edge technologies: You’re always going to be advancing your skillset by learning and working with the newest and most relevant technologies available out there.
A positive and passionate culture: Boring and divided aren’t in our vocabulary. In fact, it’s amazing to see how, despite our exponential growth, the Nexient culture and community stay as warm, diverse, and close as ever.
Plenty of opportunities for you to explore and grow: We will empower you to dream as big as you want and support you to make your career what YOU want it to be.
Creative runway: We take pride in encouraging our people to question the status quo.
Our benefits program includes:
· Medical, dental, and vision coverage
· Generous PTO, plus holidays
· 401(k) plan
· Life insurance and short-term & long-term disability
· Maternity leave
· Employee Assistance Program
· Flexible spending accounts
· Health savings account
Nexient is an inclusive, equal opportunity employer. At Nexient, your uniqueness makes us better. Your uniqueness is why you are valued, you are heard, you add to our culture, and you belong. Diversity & Inclusion is hardcoded into our DNA and at the core of everything we do. Together, not separately, we strive to become even more diverse to help fuel our innovation and connect us closer with the clients and communities we serve.
More Information on Nexient
Nexient operates in the Information Technology industry. The company is located in Newark, CA, Kokomo, IN, Dublin, OH and Ann Arbor, MI. Nexient was founded in 2009. It has 728 total employees. It offers perks and benefits such as Flexible Spending Account (FSA), Disability Insurance, Dental Benefits, Vision Benefits, Health Insurance Benefits and Life Insurance. To see all 96 open jobs at Nexient, click here.
Read Full Job Description