Lovevery is a mission-driven company, passionate about helping every parent feel confident that they are giving their child the best experiences in early childhood. Our team believes in the power of combining physical play products with digital education and support to create an ecosystem for parents that is unmatched by any other brand.
About the role:
We are looking for an experienced Engineering Manager to lead our DevOps and Test Automation team in achieving our future state CI/CD goals. You and your team will manage our cloud environments to make sure they’re secure, scalable, performant and efficiently utilized. You will create pipelines to enable safe daily and intra-day deploys. You’ll build infrastructure for monitoring and alerting. And you’ll build, own and maintain test automation frameworks and suites that are easy for feature teams to contribute to. You’ll do all of this while thinking about how to unlock new levels of productivity for the overall Engineering team, helping increase velocity while maintaining a high quality bar. Our team owns a high-scale e-commerce and digital content platform and you’ll ensure that it can scale to global audiences of millions of customers. You’ll do this alongside a talented cross-functional team that always begins with the customer in mind.
- You are a servant leader and use a consensus-building approach in decision-making, mentoring, coaching, and establishing standards and practices. You get great job satisfaction from helping your team achieve its goals and your direct reports achieve their individual career goals.
- You are experienced and able to learn quickly. You have deep expertise in building, deploying, monitoring and scaling systems.
- You are a strong collaborator and communicator and thrive on working in a world-class cross-functional team where these skills are a key part of your success.
- You are quality-focused with attention to detail. You’ll be supporting our squads in delivering high-quality experiences to our end users so attention to detail and a relentless focus on quality is critical.
- You are pragmatic and business-minded. You can define the ideal technical solution and at the same time articulate the building blocks and roadmap to that solution while managing scope and articulating business trade-offs.
- You know that change is the only constant. You have a proven track record of driving positive change, and demonstrating the flexibility to adjust quickly to changing business needs.
- Recruiting, hiring and onboarding new team members
- Career development and performance management activities for your team
- Identify and implement process improvements to increase release velocity without compromising release quality
- Actively participate in design, code and release readiness reviews
- Write production level code that is deployed to production on a regular basis
- Partner with Engineering Managers, Product Management, IT, and cross-functional stakeholders to plan and deliver new functionality
- Managing our relationship with AWS and other key vendor relationships tied to DevOps & Test Automation.
- Create and drive a robust DevOps and Test Automation roadmap
Qualifications and attributes:
- 5+ years of software development and/or engineering experience in a related Senior Engineering role, preferably in a high-scale, public cloud e-commerce business
- 5+ years of experience as a Software Development and/or Engineering Manager in an e-commerce and/or digital business environment.
- 5+ years of experience working with modern CI/CD pipelines such as Jenkins and test automation tools
- 5+ years of hands-on experience designing, building, securing, operating and supporting sophisticated and highly automated cloud infrastructure such as AWS or GCP.
- Deep, hands-on experience leveraging agile patterns and practices to design, build, test and deploy infrastructure and tools, supporting multiple feature teams.
- Ability to design, author, and release code in a variety of modern languages
- Effective collaborator who thrives when working with teams to solve complicated challenges.
Our Benefits Include:
- Competitive salary, benefits, and stock options package
- The usual paid holidays and a few extras (ex. Election day)
- Paid maternity or paternity leave
- MacBooks are our standard, but we’re happy to get you whatever equipment helps you get your job done
- Free/discounted Lovevery products
Lovevery is proud to be an equal opportunity employer that values diversity in all forms. All employment decisions at Lovevery are based on business needs, job requirements, and individual qualifications, without regard to race, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, HIV status, marital status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate.