DevOps Software Engineer Senior at FIS (Birmingham, AL)
Are you curious, motivated, and forward-thinking? At FIS you'll have the opportunity to work on some of the most challenging and relevant issues in financial services and technology. Our talented people empower us, and we believe in being part of a team that is open, collaborative, entrepreneurial, passionate and above all fun.
About the team
iQ is our latest generation payments self-service and reporting platform. It's a one-stop portal where you can view and act upon your payments data to assist you in making more informed business decisions
What you will be doing
- Help shape and build our next gen pipeline deployment infrastructure.
- Manage deployments to environments in coordination with release management - with focus on automating promotion.
- Integrate vulnerability management into Jenkins build jobs
- Architect and develop automated monitoring, alerts, and integration solutions
- Engage with Development teams to optimize a commit-based build pipeline, debugging as needed.
- Maintain Git and Artifactory repository structures
What you bring:
A Bachelor's degree in computer engineering, computer science or other related discipline or the equivalent combination of education, training, or work experience.
- Experience building CICD pipelines with promotion to multiple environments.
- Understanding of DevOps best practices.
- Experience building applications with Maven and NPM deployment.
- Familiarity with cloud environments like AWS, Azure and Google Cloud platform.
- Solid experience with Git-based source repositories.
- Experience with container-based platforms such as Docker, Kubernetes, OpenShift , etc...
- Experience and knowledge with a monitoring tool such as Splunk, Dynatrace,etc.
What we offer you
- Attractive benefits including private medical cover, dental cover, 401K, and travel insurance
- A multifaceted job with a high degree of responsibility and a broad spectrum of opportunities
- A variety of career development tools, resources and opportunities
- The chance to work on some of the most challenging, relevant issues in financial services & technology
All employees must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 on or before December 31, 2021. Individuals with a disability (including a medical condition) or sincerely held religious beliefs or practices that prevent them from getting the vaccine may request an exemption from the vaccine requirement.
FIS is committed to protecting the privacy and security of all personal information that we process in order to provide services to our clients. For specific information on how FIS protects personal information online, please see the Online Privacy Notice.
FIS is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here supplement document available here
For positions located in the US, the following conditions apply. If you are made a conditional offer of employment, you will be required to undergo a drug test. ADA Disclaimer: In developing this job description care was taken to include all competencies needed to successfully perform in this position. However, for Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) purposes, the essential functions of the job may or may not have been described for purposes of ADA reasonable accommodation. All reasonable accommodation requests will be reviewed and evaluated on a case-by-case basis.
Recruitment at FIS works primarily on a direct sourcing model; a relatively small portion of our hiring is through recruitment agencies. FIS does not accept resumes from recruitment agencies which are not on the preferred supplier list and is not responsible for any related fees for resumes submitted to job postings, our employees, or any other part of our company.