About JW Player:
JW Player is the leading video software and data insights platform that gives our customers independence and control in today’s Digital Video Economy. Founded over a decade ago as an open source video player, JW Player’s technology platform now powers digital video for hundreds of thousands of businesses across EMEA, APAC and LATAM. Each month, there are over 1 billion viewers across 2.7 billion unique devices consuming video on JW Player’s technology.
The Engineering Team:
Our Engineering team plays a big part in the company’s success through the development of innovative technologies. Engineers at JW Player are passionate about writing code and solving complex problems. Equipped with modern tech stack, our Engineers attribute to helping drive monetization for our customers across billions of devices monthly.
We are looking for a talented engineer to join our DevOps team, responsible for our company infrastructure, network, software deployment systems, and internal tooling.
As a DevOps Engineer, you will:
- Manage AWS infrastructure and Kubernetes clusters
- Develop and/or support applications and services for infrastructure automation, software deployments, etc.
- Measure and maintain reliability through instrumentation and monitoring
- Support engineering teams to ensure the highest levels of system and infrastructure availability
- Work in a collaborative, cross-functional team that enjoys a high level of autonomy
- Interface with multiple development teams to provide services and support
- Participate in planning activities, code review, providing feedback and mentorship to your peers
- Be available for occasional after hours support
Requirements of the role::
- 3+ years of experience with Linux administration
- 2+ years of experience with AWS
- Scripting/coding ability in Bash, Python, Perl, or similar language
- Experience with large scale web systems
- Experience with automated configuration management (SaltStack, Chef, Puppet, etc.) and “infrastructure as code” (Terraform, CloudFormation, etc.)
- Experience with Docker and containerization
- Experience with monitoring and stats aggregation/visualization systems such as statsd, Prometheus, Datadog, Grafana
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, able to interact cross-functionally and drive technical discussions
- Motivated, self-starter who enjoys working in a fast-paced environment
- Knowledgeable in core computer science disciplines (data structures, algorithms, etc.)
- Proven track record of ownership of maintainable, stable and scalable software and systems
- You enjoy working with other engineers. You recognize there are multiple ways to engineer a solution and feel a code review is a chance to share knowledge, not judge others' code
- B.S. in computer-related field
- Contributed to existing open-source projects as well as your own
- 2+ years of software development experience, ideally in Python or Go
- Experience using and administering Kubernetes, ideally on AWS
- Experience with Kafka, Zookeeper, ElasticSearch
- Network engineering including routing, firewalling, VPN, etc.
- Database experience including SQL, NoSQL, and BigData
- Continuous Delivery, test automation, deployment automation
- LDAP / Active Directory
Perks of being at JW Player, U.S
When you join JW Player, you are not just joining a company or a team but a family. Our goal is to take care of you and ensure you will be successful in your new role. Your success is our success!
As a full time employee, you will qualify for:
- Private Medical, Vision and Dental Coverage for you and your family
- Competitive Paid Time Off
- Stock Options Purchase Program
- Quarterly and Annual Team Events - because team building is important!
- Professional Career Program and Career Development Opportunities
- Bi-Annual Hack Weeks for those who are interested in using their coding knowledge
- Fireside chats with individuals in the JW Player family
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.