DevOps Engineer at Percipient.ai (Washington DC)
| Washington DC
Sorry, this job was removed at 3:31 p.m. (CST) on Thursday, May 12, 2022
Founded in 2017, percipient.ai is a Silicon Valley-based advanced analytics firm building platforms at the cutting edge of the technology world. We utilize state-of-the-art research in Computer Vision, Artificial Intelligence and Deep Learning, solving the most pressing intelligence and national security missions.
Among our core values, we believe in:
- The power of data to save lives
- The promise of the human and machine team to protect our values
- The potential of our people to help transform the world
Follow Us on LinkedIn
What You’ll Do
- Expert understanding of running a large-scale virtualized infrastructure in the cloud and on-premise.
- Utilize troubleshooting and scripting skills to improve the availability, performance, and security of Percipient.ai services.
- Implement automated deployments, and operational tools.
- Collaborate with product and engineering teams to plan and deploy product releases.
- Ensure services are designed with 24/7 availability and operational readiness and rigor.
- Implement proactive monitoring, alerting, and self-healing systems.
- Participate in on-call rotations, driving restoration and repair of service-impacting issues.
- Define non-functional requirements as part of the product lifecycle to influence the new designs, standards, and methods for scalable, highly available distributed systems.
- Coding and automation of applications in the cloud.
- Great problem solving skills.
- Possess excellent interpersonal and communication skills and be a team player.
What We Look For
- BS in Computer Science or related field.
- 3-7+ years of Systems/Applications automation in 24/7 production services environments.
- Expertise with containerizing concepts like Docker, PaaS services on AWS, and Kubernetes or equivalent technologies.
- Fluency with at least one current generation scripting language used by DevOps professionals such as Python, Perl, or Ruby and Java Development.
- Deep experience operating on AWS.
- Excellent troubleshooter.
- Demonstrated experience in analyzing and diagnosing large-scale distributed systems and Linux systems internals (system libraries, file systems, etc.)
- Experience with elastically scalable, fault tolerance and other cloud architecture patterns
- Experience with Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery including tools such as Cloudformation.
- Experience in Linux and Security triage & forensic analysis.
- Due to the nature of the work, candidates MUST BE A US CITIZEN.
- Full COVID-19 vaccination required.
- All minimum qualifications listed above, plus:
- M.S. in Computer Science or related field.
At percipient.ai, our mission is to protect and save lives. Subsequently, we require that all employees be fully vaccinated and boosted for COVID-19, and be able to provide proof thereof. Requests to HR for reasonable accommodations due to medical or religious reasons will be considered.
Percipient.ai is a proud equal opportunity employer and we are committed to hiring and supporting a diverse workforce. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
More Information on Percipient.ai
Percipient.ai operates in the Analytics industry. The company is located in Santa Clara, CA and Reston, VA. Percipient.ai was founded in 2017. It has 55 total employees. To see all 12 open jobs at Percipient.ai, click here.
Read Full Job Description