DevOps Engineer at Bowery Valuation (Remote)
Who We Are
Bowery Valuation is one of the leading startups in the emerging world of real estate tech and the only company of its kind in the commercial real estate appraisal space. Our appraisers work hand-in-hand with our engineering, design, and product teams to continuously add new features and functionality to our revolutionary platform. We are also the first-ever venture capital-backed commercial appraisal firm, having raised over $35MM in the past 2+ years. Powered by proprietary technology, and extensive expertise, Bowery is redefining the entire commercial appraisal space. Inside Bowery, we’re a people forward company dedicated to providing a productive and inspiring working culture. We are a collection of hard-working and enthusiastic types focused on building great teams to support great work. We balance our dedication to success with a commitment to gratitude, kindness, and team first attitude. If you’re looking for a company where you’ll be recognized for your contributions, supported in trying new ways of doing things, inspired to put in that extra effort or additional hour, then Bowery’s the place for you. We focus on setting clear expectations, holding ourselves to high standards and giving continuous feedback so we all get better together.
We are building tools, processes, and culture to enable our development teams to more rapidly and reliably deliver functionality for our users. We are moving from monolithic application deployment to a containerized microservices architecture running on AWS. We are in the early stages of this development and looking for experienced engineers to help us build a mature platform.
Who You Are
You have experience with CI/CD pipelines in a cloud environment and love learning new technologies and tools to continuously improve the developer experience. You collaborate across teams and automate repetitive tasks at an early stage.
- Development and maintenance of Github actions for build and deployment
- Education of developers on the tools and best practices
- Development and integration of observability and monitoring tools
- Development and maintenance of Infrastructure as Code
- Care and maintenance of AWS cloud services
- Experience managing services in a cloud environment (AWS, GCP, Azure)
- Experience with Docker or other container technologies
- Experience with, Infrastructure as Code and configuration management tools (Terraform, Cloudformation Ansible, Puppet)
- Automation skills (Python, shell scripts)
- Experience with CI/CD and Git tools
Nice to have
- Experience with Github actions for deployments and management of environments
- Experience with Linux shell commands, networking, and system administration
- Experience with SQL/NoSQL DB: Elastic, Mongo, PostgreSQL, MySQL/MariaDB
- General networking knowledge
- Experience with monitoring and alerting solutions
Perks & Benefits
- Stock options
- 8 weeks of Parental Leave
- Medical and dental employer-supported coverage
- Access to additional group rate insurance options including Life, STD, LTD, and Accident
- Commuter benefits
- Unlimited Vacation
- Company events
- Flexible working options both for schedule and location
We're an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.