DevOps Engineer at AHEAD (Atlanta, GA)
| Atlanta, GA
Sorry, this job was removed at 5:16 p.m. (CST) on Tuesday, June 28, 2022
AHEAD builds platforms for digital business. By weaving together advances in cloud infrastructure, automation and analytics, and software delivery, we help enterprises deliver on the promise of digital transformation.
AHEAD is committed to a community of diversity, equity, and inclusion. We encourage applications from women, underrepresented minorities, persons with disabilities, sexual minority groups, and all other candidates who will contribute to the diversification and enrichment of ideas and perspectives here at AHEAD.
We are on this journey to ensure that all AHEADians feel that they can authentically show up and belong at work.
The DevOps Engineer will be a core member of our Managed Services technical team that’s responsible for supporting, designing and implementing Cloud & DevOps solutions for our customers. The incumbent will provide direct analysis and recommendations associated with the implementation or migration of specific applications to Cloud services while incorporating DevOps techniques.
- Responsible for managing the architecture and operational support of cloud based environments;
- Develop active operational processes and procedures for clients
- Work with application owners/groups to ensure proper security standards are being followed for client projects and solutions
- Review operations and business requirements for projects pertaining to infrastructure with project teams, management, and client services groups for deployment and ongoing operations support
- Provide Technical Support to Clients and proactively suggest areas for improvement
- Monitor SNOW queues for incoming requests from clients
- Continuous proof-of-concepts development and rapid prototypes alongside other engineers.
- Develop standards in partnership with Cloud Engineering, Infrastructure Services, and Application Development teams
Cloud Services Support
- Day to day operations for service request fulfillment base on SLA/SLO.
- Implement and maintain cloud management solutions including initial and ongoing configuration of related automation, notifications, and reporting capabilities.
- Support the engineering requirements of Legacy/On-Prem enterprise applications and develop Cloud migration solutions.
- All tasks related to cloud performance, stability, reliability, efficiency, and security to both the sites and the general operations.
Provide oral and written status reports to IT management and customer support:
- Document solutioning and architectural design.
- Create runbooks/SOP for operational processes.
- Demo cloud development work to team.
- Analyze problems, evaluate technical issues, test, maintain, modify, integrate, monitor, and ensure to automate software systems.
- Exhibit passion for client experience with a user-first mindset
- Knowledge on DevOps principles
- Experience with working in Agile environment
- Experience working with ITIL framework
- should be self-motivated and self-learner
- Bachelor-level degree in engineering, IT, data communications, Information Systems, computer science, or equivalent educational or professional experience and/or qualifications
- Experience with Public Cloud (AWS, Azure, GCP) and On-Premises Environments
- Hands-on experience in Automation, Orchestration and CI/CD pipelines (SCM, Build, Deployment, Code Quality, APM, Monitoring and Reporting tools).
- Infrastructure as Code (IaC) experience (E.g. scripting Terraform, Puppet, Chef, Ansible, Rundeck, Shell)
- Knowledge on git branching and merge strategies
- Advanced Experience with various Kubernetes platforms (Tanzu, AKS, EKS)
- Proven experience in designing and building large scale, high performing, secure Kubernetes, and other application platform infrastructure on Kubernetes platforms
- Experience in managing Kubernetes clusters, building docker images and Day 2 Operations
- Experience in Kubernetes networking, load balancer, pod security and certificate management
- Experience with monitoring tools such Datadog, Dynatrace AppDynamics, ELK, Grafana, Prometheus, or equivalent
- Strong interpersonal skills are required. Ability to work effectively with team members, clients and other areas of the IT environment
- Strong written and oral communications
- Excellent problem solving abilities, strong decision making skills and make sound judgment decisions.
- Work effectively with team members, clients and other areas of IT
- Handle multiple tasks and be flexible in a fast paced environment
- Deliver on time
Through our daily work and internal groups like Moving Women AHEAD and RISE AHEAD, we value and benefit from diversity of people, ideas, experience, and everything in between.
We fuel growth by stacking our office with top-notch technologies in a multi-million-dollar lab, by encouraging cross department training and development, sponsoring certifications and credentials for continued learning.
We understand that you have a life outside of work. That’s why we offer flexible paid time off, paid company holidays, and the ability for you to manage your work schedule as needed.
More Information on AHEAD
AHEAD operates in the Cloud industry. The company is located in Chicago, IL, Brentwood, TN and Atlanta, GA. AHEAD was founded in 2007. It has 1154 total employees. It offers perks and benefits such as Flexible Spending Account (FSA), Disability Insurance, Dental Benefits, Vision Benefits, Health Insurance Benefits and Life Insurance. To see all 151 open jobs at AHEAD, click here.
Read Full Job Description