DevOps Engineer at Big Health (Remote)
Sorry, this job was removed at 5:11 a.m. (CST) on Thursday, March 3, 2022
At Big Health, our purpose is to help millions back to good mental health.
We do this through our digital therapeutics: Daylight™ for worry and anxiety, and Sleepio™, for poor sleep.
These fully automated cognitive and behavioral programs are as scalable and clinically validated as drugs.
Our software combines the intimacy of the human voice, engaging animation, and clinically rigorous techniques to engage people anytime and anywhere and ultimately help them overcome their mental health challenges.
Today, over 10 million people worldwide have access to Big Health’s products, via leading employers in the US (including Boston Medical, The Hartford, Google, and Home Depot ) and the UK’s NHS.
We are looking for DevOps Engineer who strives to build infrastructure that requires minimal human interaction. You will be working closely with other DevOps engineers on a fully distributed team to help expand our existing observability tooling, automation pipelines, and AWS infrastructure.
This is a great opportunity for a motivated engineer to build resilient and self healing infrastructure.
Join us and bring your unique talents to do great things!
This role can be remote anywhere in the US.
To learn more go to Built In and Glassdoor.
What you'll do:
- Expand and improve monitoring and alerting coverage
- Improve the performance, reliability, and scalability of existing systems
- Build and maintain tools to support internal teams
- Automate internal company processes
- Support our strong commitment to privacy, security, and compliance
What you'll bring:
- 1+ years experience building and managing infrastructure for web applications
- 2+ years experience in writing software in any programming language
- Familiarity with AWS managed services and how they work together
- Experience with automating routine tasks to increase efficiency across the team
- Go-getter who can solve problems and self-teach, and knows when to ask for advice
- Strong communication skills using synchronous and asynchronous mediums
About our Engineering and overall Product Development team:
- We are organized in 6 cross functional teams aligned around Products/Problem Domains. Our teams are composed of talented people across key domains of: Clinical, Product Management, Engineering Management, Frontend and Backend Engineering, QE, Design and Creative.
- As an Engineer at Big Health, you have the choice of working on one of six distinct pods/problem domains: Sleepio (our insomnia product), Daylight (our anxiety product), Therapeutic Content Platform (the foundation for all therapeutic digital content), Enrollment (signing up users and their journey), Data, and Engineering Platform (DevOps, QA, Security).
- Each step of our interview process is a two-way conversation. While we want to assess our candidates, we also know they are assessing us. Therefore, our recruiting team will check-in at each step, and if a candidate would like to speak with anyone on our team, from another Engineer or Product Designer on their potential future pod, to our leadership team to understand our business trajectory, to someone in HR to discuss their potential equity grant, we make sure to provide that space.
- We also are thoughtful about which pod would be the best fit for a candidate’s career goals and what kind of work excites them, so with each conversation, we explore that further.
- We have a 3-4 step interview process that includes a conversation with a Technical Recruiter, a conversation with the Hiring Manager, and a final remote panel interview that is typically 5 distinct sections that we can schedule all in one day or over multiple days depending on the candidate’s needs.
- We know that the most equitable process is one that shows what you can do, rather than what your credentials are, so there is typically a choice of a work project as well.
Life at Big Health:
- Be part of a team that includes clinical psychologists, software engineers, business leaders and even a former professional magician [shh… it’s a secret].
- Surround yourself with the smartest, most enthusiastic and dedicated people you’ll ever meet, but who listen well, learn from their mistakes and when things go wrong, generously pull together to help each other out
- Check out our values - they’re a living, breathing part of our culture
- Enjoy benefits including a generous vacation policy, professional development fund, flexible working locations and more.
- Competitive salary packages including stock options.
Because we are on a mission to bring millions back to good mental health, we believe it’s essential to reflect the diversity of those we intend to serve. We’re an equal opportunity employer dedicated to building a culturally and experientially diverse team that leads with empathy and respect.
Additionally, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. Big Health participates in E-Verify and will provide the federal government with Form I-9 information from all new employees to confirm that they are authorized to work in the U.S. Big Health does not use E-Verify to pre-screen applicants.