Don't just land a job. Launch your future.
Our all-in-one software platform gives HR pros a way to easily manage daily tasks in payroll, benefits, talent, and workforce management.
But what makes us different is that our technology is backed by a culture that cares. We care about our team members, clients, and partners - because people matter most. And people have always been at the heart of our business.
Since our founding in 1997, this is the thing that's stayed the same, from our employees to the millions of users nationwide that access our platform. We pride ourselves on partnering with our clients to build the workplace they and their employees crave.
Let's go forward together.
As a DevOps Engineer, you will support, develop and maintain tools and processes surrounding our Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) cloud-based Payroll and HR products across multiple development, staging and production environments, and provide support to development teams producing our software products.
You will assist product development teams to provision, deploy, configure, and monitor the software they create, and partner with other DevOps Engineers to develop and improve tools and processes that empower teams to work faster and easier, on their own. You will collaborate with members of many teams (particularly software development and security) to implement new applications, features, and environments; to upgrade existing systems; to troubleshoot and resolve issues; and to implement security measures to keep software development, delivery, and execution fast, safe, and working at top performance.
(Note: Different teams put more emphasis on certain goals and types of work, and by extension the toolsets that support them. For example: Delivery Platforms focuses on CI/CD and software artifacts. Environments focuses on building out and configuring large groups of servers into environments. The SRO team focuses on application telemetry, reliability, and fast recovery from critical incidents. The Dev Support team combines all the above to ensure development teams are successfully building, deploying, operating, and monitoring their software.)
Who you are:
- Enthusiastic about automating processes and systems that make it fast and easy to provide great software to our customers
- Likes interacting with other teams to ensure they are enabled to do the work they need to do
- A natural problem solver that can quickly troubleshoot and remediate problems
- Detail-oriented, collaborative, and self-motivated
During your first six months at Paylocity, you will:
- Support, implement, and maintain automated build and deployment pipeline tools; source and artifact repositories; SaaS product environments; and application telemetry, monitoring, alerting and logging platforms. Different sub-teams may put additional emphasis on one or more of the areas above.
- Identify process problems and propose, design, and help implement solutions
- Work with other teams who needed assistance with deployments, configurations, stability, performance, and issue resolution
- Cross-train team-members
- Prepare and maintain clear documentation of systems, how to resolve operational issues, and how to perform team tasks
- Provide on-call support for emergencies
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, engineering, technology related field or equivalent experience required
- Previous experience (ideally 2+ yrs.) administering and maintaining deployment pipelines, server farms and environments
- Must have Kubernetes experience
- Demonstrated ability to troubleshoot deployment and configuration issues and implement solutions
- Experience in an agile environment
- Has maintained a positive and inclusive collaborative relationship with peers and management
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, including creating documentation for consumption by teammates
- Experience and advanced proficiency with some or all:
- Infrastructure as Code: Kubernetes, Amazon EKS, Docker, or Vagrant
- Scripting: PowerShell, Bash, or Python
- Automated Deployment: Octopus Deploy or Urban Code Deploy
- CI/CD: TeamCity, Jenkins, Drone, Linters, or Unit Testing
- SCM: Bitbucket or GitHub
- Project Management: Jira, Confluence, Kanban, or Agile
- Artifact Repository Systems: Artifactory or Nexus
- Cloud Infrastructure: AWS, Azure, or Google Cloud
- Configuration Management: Ansible, Chef, or Terraform
- Telemetry, Monitoring, Alerting, and Logging: Elasticsearch, Logstash, Kibana, Logic Monitor, Datadog, or Pingdom
Our journey forward.
Paylocity strives to create an organizational culture where every employee has a voice, feels truly welcome, appreciated, and free to be themselves, and is empowered and enabled to do their best work. A strong commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion is critical to creating such a culture.
We've made great strides to support diversity, equity, and inclusion. That being said, we realize there's still room for improvement. Our current focus is on the following initiatives:
- Education & Awareness
- Client Community
- Company Representation
- Advocacy & Support
- Fairness & Equality
- PCTY Gives
This job description has been written to provide an accurate reflection of the current job and to include the general nature of work performed. It is not designed to contain a comprehensive detailed inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of the employees assigned to the job. Management reserves the right to revise the job or require that other or different tasks be performed when circumstances change.
This role can be performed from any office in the US. The pay range for this position in Colorado is $88, 982 - $136,532/yr; however, base pay offered may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. This position is eligible for an annual restricted stock unit grant based on individual performance in addition to a full range of benefits outlined here. This information is provided per the Colorado Equal Pay for Equal Work Act. Base pay information is based on market location. Applicants should apply via www.paylocity.com/careers.