DevOps Engineer at Curriculum Associates
At Curriculum Associates (CA), we believe a diverse team leads to diversity in thinking, making our products better for teachers and students. If you read this job description, feel energized by what you see here, and believe you could bring passion and commitment to the role, but you aren’t sure you meet every qualification, please apply! Above all, we are looking for the right person!
Founded in 1969, Curriculum Associates is a leading educational technology and publishing company with a mission to make classrooms better places for students and teachers. As a company, we have both a responsibility and the opportunity to reduce the effects of systemic racism for the students, educators, and educational communities we serve and for own team members. We are committed to ensuring CA is a champion of antiracist ideals in our service to schools, in our products, and our company culture. Our research-based, award-winning print and digital instruction and assessment products provide educators with the tools necessary to personalize learning for every student and help all students become college and career-ready.
Why join this team:
This position is part of the expanding DevOps group that combines teamwork, innovation, work/life balance, and autonomy. You will contribute to the evolution of our AWS cloud infrastructure that supports Curriculum Associates’ i-Ready SaaS application as well as internal systems.
In a single program, i-Ready integrates powerful assessments and rich insights with effective and engaging instruction in reading and mathematics to address students’ individual needs. i-Ready empowers teachers every day to make more informed instructional decisions and motivates students with access to their own personalized path to growth. Want to be part of our impact? Join us!
The impact you’ll have:
- You will develop and advance our capabilities in Continuous Integration / Continuous Deployment
- You will build, operate, scale, and troubleshoot the Curriculum Associates SaaS infrastructure
- You will debug Maven and Webpack builds
- You will enhance our monitoring tools, build infrastructure, and source code management.
- In collaboration with other teams, you’ll make sure our infrastructure and applications that depend on it work together seamlessly
- You will support other teams’ build and infrastructure needs on an as-needed basis
- You will write tools for systems and infrastructure automation
- As part of an on-call rotation, you’ll provide operations coverage
Who we’re looking for:
- 3+ years of DevOps experience
- Experience with Continuous Integration / Continuous Deployment (CI/CD) tools and processes
- Infrastructure as Code approaches: Puppet (or Chef/Ansible/Salt) and Terraform (or Cloudformation) experience
- Experience with MySQL, Java/Tomcat/Apache, Splunk, and open-source tools for systems monitoring/management
- Experience with Git, Jenkins, and Nexus
- Experience operating a 24/7 production web application
- Comfort with working in a fast-paced environment with the ability to multi-task
- General analysis/problem solving and ability to develop creative solutions
- Amazon Web Services experience (EC2, RDS, CloudFront, CloudWatch, DynamoDB) very desirable
Compensation & Benefits: Competitive salary with great benefits including health, dental, and vision insurance, employer contributed 401K.