We are looking for a devops engineer to join our development team. You will work to protect and help us scale out an entire ecosystem for our suite of B2B enterprise SMB tools for our online floral marketplace, BloomNation.com, with more than 3,000 florists across the country. In addition you will be involved in our new brands serving restaurants, liquor and beer industries(Dig-In, Swigg and Bevv). As our team grows you will help to architect the future of technology for our company.
More specifically, you will
- Work with your fellow engineers to define deployment, configuration and monitoring requirements
- Setup new CI/CD pipelines
- Automate the provisioning, configuration, and monitoring of our platform
- Be accountable for system updates, backups, uptime, logging, alerts, and testing
- Lead 24/7 on-call rotation
- Engineer, implement and monitor security measures for the protection of computer systems, networks and information
- Lead in security measures such as WAF and Security Group analysis
You will excel if you have
- Excellent Linux skills and experience with running high-available applications
- Strong experience with AWS and Docker
- Experience with our current stack - Nginx, Apache, PHP, Node.js, MySQL, Redis, Elastic Search (ELK for logging management)
- Good understanding of configuration management tools like Chef or Ansible
- Ability to analyze and resolve complex infrastructure resource and application deployment issues
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science (or equivalent) or higher degree
- Problem-solving skills and ability to work under pressure
- Passion, drive, energy, a sense of humor, great attitude, and a team player!
What's in it for you
- Very competitive compensation plan
- Employee Stock Incentive Plan
- Health, Vision & Dental
- Opportunity for career advancement
- A brand new office on the 3rd street promenade, one block away from the ocean
- Fully stocked snack bar & weekly catered lunches
- Ability to mold your career and make an immediate direct impact
- Flowers, flowers, and more flowers!
- Working in a fast-paced, fun environment with an eclectic group of people from all over the country (and world)
More about us - Promenade
Promenade is a mission-driven company empowering local businesses with products and services that allow them to thrive online and offline. We build vertically-focused software catered to each industry we serve, leveling the playing field between the small business and large aggregators. Promenade was originally founded in 2011 as BloomNation, the nation’s premier network for local florists, disrupting the multi-billion dollar floral industry. After helping thousands of local florists across the country, we doubled down on our mission and began helping more small businesses who carried the same challenges of acquiring and retaining their own customers. Today, Promenade creates software for four industries - Floral (BloomNation), Food (Dig-in), Beverage (Swigg), and Breweries (Bevv). The company is based in Santa Monica, CA.
Backed by premier industry investors such as Andreessen Horowitz (AirBnB, Box, Facebook, Lyft, Twitter, etc.), Spark Capital (Tumblr, Upworthy, Warby Parker, etc.), and Crunch Fund (Square, Uber, etc.)
Named one of Entrepreneur’s “5 Sizzling Silicon Beach Startups to Watch”
Located one block away from the beach on the world-famous 3rd Street Promenade in Santa Monica
Why join Promenade?
If you want a front-row seat in seeing a company disrupt a massive industry and you love the idea of helping hardworking business owners that serve our local communities and neighborhoods, this is your place. At Promenade, everyone has a voice to create change and move the needle. No hierarchy, no bureaucracy, no politics...just real people working on solving real problems.