At Higher Logic, engagement happens here. As the industry-leading, human-focused engagement platform we deliver powerful online communities and communication tools to organizations looking to build, retain, and grow their member or customer base. We’re obsessed with engagement and, with over 13 years of experience in the industry, we’ve got it down to a science. We are a global company with offices throughout the US, Canada, and Australia. We serve more than 3,000 customers, representing over 350,000 online communities with over 200 million users across 42 countries worldwide.
Our team is a thriving community of authentic people with diverse experiences and perspectives. We are honest and genuine and believe that sharing ideas and feedback openly helps us to be successful. We believe that diversity and empathy bring us #AllTogether to make us stronger. We learn from failure and successes because both help us to grow and learn. We strive to understand the why behind our actions and bring our best selves to work every day.
Higher Logic operates at scale, serving tens of millions of end-users every day. As a member of the Platform Engineering team, you will play a crucial role in the continuous improvement of our SaaS infrastructure as we strive for DevOps excellence. No matter how much you know, you will learn and grow here.
This is a full-time position with the Platform Engineering Team. You’ll work both collaboratively and independently on concurrent complex projects to execute our infrastructure road map and promote DevOps best practices within the organization. You’ll be relied on to employ a high degree of technical skill and precision in a global, multi-cloud environment running 24x7x365, while maintaining a positive and solution-focused attitude and good working relationships with your coworkers.
Platform Engineering at Higher Logic has a primary responsibility for service reliability in the production environment. In addition, we’re also crucial to Engineering enablement through the development and administration of CI/CD pipelines and the promotion of DevOps best practices. We live at the juncture of Engineering, Operations, and Support, which means that we interact with large swathes of the company on a daily basis. The company frequently introduces new products, features, and services; these changes require a flexible, thoughtful, and forward-thinking approach to scalability and performance. As a DevOps Engineer, you will have the opportunity to perform hands-on configuration and tuning of service resources while working to architect and build independent microservices. Managing this environment requires a high level of individual knowledge and a robust capacity for learning, coupled with optimism, focus, and close teamwork across the organization and the company.
- Manage and configure cloud infrastructure components, primarily in AWS.
- Help to create strong feedback loops between all business lines by communicating, documenting, and remediating operational incidents.
- Actively support security and compliance as a first-class concern.
- Decrease the incidence, scope, and severity of operational failures (improve MTTR and MTBF).
- Guide products to Production Readiness (scalability, observability, operability, resiliency, etc.).
- Create, maintain and operate CI/CD pipelines, for both product and infrastructure resources (IAC).
- Provide on-call support for managed infrastructure
- Want to improve the product, technology, people, and process in a growing organization.
- Appreciate the value of diversity of opinions, approaches, and backgrounds.
- Communicate & collaborate extremely well with others.
- Understand the value provided by incremental solution delivery, POCs, MVPs, etc.
- Think with an Agile mindset and are familiar with Kanban and Scrum.
- Have significant commercial experience with our stack, or a Bachelor’s degree or better in Computer Science, MIS, or equivalent.
- AWS services (EC2, S3, IAM).
- Some high-level languages such as Python, PHP, C# (and need to write code for your job).
- Infrastructure-as-code, and related tools such as Terraform, Chef, Puppet, Ansible, Packer.
- SQL Server, MySQL, IIS, nginx, HAProxy.
- Autoscaling, RDS, Aurora, Postgres, ECS, Docker, Fargate, Redis, Memcached, S3, SQS, SES, SNS, Secrets Manager, Lambda, CloudWatch, Active Directory & ADFS, CI/CD, containers at scale.
What you’ll earn:
- Competitive compensation.
- Comprehensive health benefits package.
- 401(k) plan with employer match.
- Healthcare and dependent-care flexible spending account.
- Company short-term and long-term disability insurance.
- Company culture that recognizes its employees.
- Room for growth and development and management that cares about your professional growth and will help you achieve your goals.
- Significant advancement opportunities for outstanding performers.
Higher Logic is committed to equal opportunity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Higher Logic is committed to ensuring that its application process provides an equal employment opportunity to all job seekers, including individuals with disabilities. If you believe you need a reasonable accommodation in order to search for a job opening or to submit an application, please contact us by emailing [email protected]