DevOps Engineer at Dentsu (Baltimore, MD)
Merkle is a leading technology-enabled, data-driven customer experience management (CXM) company across several key verticals. For 30+ years, Fortune 1,000 companies and leading nonprofit organizations have partnered with us to build and optimize strategic customer portfolio value. Our history positions us as a global leader in 1st-party, identify-driven marketing. With 12,000+ dedicated employees across 50+ global offices, Merkle’s growth rate continues to outpace the market, with 2021 global net revenue of over two billion.
Merkle is an agency of dentsu International. Dentsu’s mission is to help clients navigate, progress, and thrive in a world of change. Businesses rely on dentsu’s integrated network of agencies and specialized practices to champion meaningful progress through creative, media, commerce, data and technology. dentsu international comprises 66,000 diverse people in 143 countries.
Why Join Us?
Merkle is the leader in data-driven performance marketing. We help brands achieve tremendous competitive advantage. We thrive because we employ the best in the business. Merkle’s energy lives in everything we do, and it shows in the way we deliver to our clients. Click here to learn more about our culture. Additionally, we’re recognized as top global partners by some of the world’s leading technology firms including Google, AWS, Salesforce, Adobe and more.Job Description
We are seeking a DevOps Engineer who is passionate about DevOps, embraces infrastructure as code, supports CI/CD, and enjoys collaborating to produce high performing, maintainable solutions. As a DevOps Engineer, you will be responsible for the successful release and run time of revenue generating big data solutions and will focus on continuously improving, optimizing, and eliminating toil through automation. In addition to automating operations and managing infrastructure through code, you will work collaboratively with the product team, developers, and IT personnel to build, evolve, and scale our solutions to meet our growing business.
- Evaluates, automates, and optimizes processes, building infrastructure through code and streamlining pipelines, monitoring, and incident response processes, following industry standards and best practices
- Able to learn quickly and automate, integrate, deploy, or release solutions using tools, scripting, or coding as needed.
- Continuously striving for improvement, evaluating new approaches, industry standards, new tooling, etc. and producing recommendations for improvements
- Maintains established SLAs, SLIs, SLOs, and monitors systems, assessing lead time for changes, change failure rate, deployment frequency, mean time to recover, and availability, striving for continuous operational improvement and improved customer satisfaction
- Collaborates with development, participating in designs and assisting with optimizing system performance and right sizing environments
- Proficient at problem management including definition, brainstorming, and determining a resolution through collaboration
Qualifications – Experience and Education
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Information Systems, Mathematics, or other equivalent experience
- 2-3 years experience in DevOps
- 2 years or equivalent experience in supporting high availability systems
- 2 years experience in cloud base technologies (AWS, GCP, Azure)
- 1 years experience working in Agile teams and CI/CD environments
- Experience with Bash, Python or similar scripting
- Experience with Linux; experience with Windows is desired
- Experience with containers such as Docker, Kubernetes, etc.
- Experience with Jenkins, Airflow, or other orchestration tools
- Experience with code repositories such as Git, Bitbucket, Github, etc.
- Experience with Terraform or CloudFormation or other IaC tools
- Able to collaborate across organizations with all levels of leadership to evaluate and resolve issues
- Able to communicate well, documenting processes as needed
- Able to learn new emerging technologies quickly and apply innovative ideas to resolve problems
- Able to use a wide variety of open source technologies and tools
- Understanding of an object-oriented programming language
- Able to script and perform refactoring
- Able to manage frequent, incremental code testing and deployment (CI/CD principles)
- Able to automate processes using automation tools and best practices
- Able to manage big data and data that scales
- Able to focus on results and business outcomes
- Understanding and focus on business outcomes
At Merkle, we have created a great place to work by sticking to our core belief that a great company is built around great people and great results.
dentsu “eight ways” shape and guide the way we do things here, so that, together, we can achieve the ‘never before’ for our clients, for society and for each other.
We dream loud.
We inspire change.
We team without limits.
We all lead.
We make it real.
We climb high.
We choose excitement.
We are a force for good.
We are dentsu.
Diversity is embedded in who we are and all that we do: our mindset, our solutions, and our teams to empower an inclusive, equitable environment. We put our people at the center, creating space for growth, understanding and learning so they can thrive. Our differences make us richer and enable stronger relationships with each other and foster greater impact for our clients. We engage with our communities to drive positive social impact by fostering equity and working to create a digital society that works for all. Merkle, an agency of Dentsu (the "Company") is committed to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity and will not discriminate against an applicant or employee of the Company, based on age, sex, sexual orientation, race, color, creed, religion, ethnicity, national origin, alienage or citizenship, disability, marital status, veteran or military status, genetic information, or any other legally recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances. Applicants with disabilities may be entitled to reasonable accommodation under the terms of the Americans with Disabilities Act and/or certain state or local laws. A reasonable accommodation is a change in the way things are normally done that will ensure an equal employment opportunity without imposing an undue hardship on the Company. Please contact [email protected] if you need assistance completing any forms or to otherwise participate in the application process or to request or discuss an accommodation in connection with a job at Merkle, a dentsu agency.
This job description is a summary of the essential functions of the job, not an exhaustive or comprehensive list of all possible job responsibilities, tasks, and duties. The responsibilities, tasks, and duties of the jobholder might differ from those outlined in the job description. Other duties, as assigned by the supervisor, might be part of the job. Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the U.S. on a full-time basis. No sponsorship is available for this position.