DevOps Engineer - XMPP (Remote) at Zoom Video Communications
In most cases, you will have the opportunity to choose your preferred working location from the following options when you join Zoom: in-person, hybrid or remote. Visit this page for more information about Zoom's Workstyles .
Zoomies help people stay connected so they can get more done together. We set out to build the best video product for the enterprise, and today help people communicate better with products like Zoom Contact Center, Zoom Phone, Zoom Events, Zoom Apps, Zoom Rooms, and Zoom Webinars.
We're problem-solvers, working at a fast pace to design solutions with our customers and users in mind. Here, you'll work across teams to deliver impactful projects that are changing the way people communicate and enjoy opportunities to advance your career in a diverse, inclusive environment.
The XMPP IM (LUA back-end) team supports services that serve tens of millions of users everyday. We are a team made up of experienced engineers across the globe, who support and own services that our users use daily such as file sharing and push notification services.
As a DevOps Engineer, you will work with other Zoom engineers to monitor, maintain, support, implement CI/CD and perform deployments (Infrastructure as Code, VM or K8S-base) for team owned infrastructure and services to public cloud, such as AWS/Azure.
- Support Zoom services' release deployment and maintenance
- Design, deploy, monitor and scale Zoom services
- You will work cross-functionally with partners to analyze and troubleshoot complex production issues
- Help us improve our current CI/CD process and automate routine tasks
- 2+ years experience in a DevOps or Site Reliability Engineering role
- Knowledge of Linux and network (RedHat, CentOS, etc.)
- Scripting language experience such as Bash/Python
- Knowledge of Cloud infrastructure (AWS, Azure, etc.)
- Experience working with CI/CD and Infrastructure-as-Code tools: Jenkins, Terraform, CloudFormation
- Experience working with configuration management and version control tools: Ansible, Chef, Puppet, Salt, and Git
- Experience with Zabbix, Grafana, Prometheus, and other monitoring tools
- Experience supporting 24x7 high availability environments
- BS degree in a related field
- Masters Degree in related field
- Experience with ELK/Splunk
- Docker/Kubernetes experience
- You have experience with Chat or Instant Messaging - XMPP
- Willing to work PST or MST business hours
We believe that the unique contributions of all Zoomies is the driver of our success. To make sure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience we never discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status. Zoom is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives including qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records and any qualified applicants requiring reasonable accommodations in accordance with the law. If you need any assistance or accommodations due to a medical condition, or if you need assistance accessing our website or completing the application process, please let us know by emailing us at [email protected] .
Colorado Salary Range or On Target Earnings:
In addition to the base salary and/or OTE listed, Zoom has a Total Direct Compensation philosophy that takes into consideration base salary, bonus and equity value. Information about Zoom's benefits is here . Note: Starting pay will be based on a number of factors and commensurate with qualifications & experience. We also have a location based compensation structure; there may be a different range for candidates in other locations.
- Hear from our leadership team
- Browse Awards and Employee Reviews on Comparably
- Visit our Blog
- Zoom with us!
- Find us on social at the links below and on Instagram
- View more jobs, sign up for job alerts and join our talent community. Visit the Zoom careers site .