*** U.S. Citizenship is Required ***
Zscaler (NASDAQ: ZS) accelerates digital transformation so that customers can be more agile, efficient, resilient, and secure. The Zscaler Zero Trust Exchange is the company’s cloud-native platform that protects thousands of customers from cyberattacks and data loss by securely connecting users, devices, and applications in any location.
With more than 10 years of experience developing, operating, and scaling the cloud, Zscaler serves thousands of enterprise customers around the world, including 450 of the Forbes Global 2000 organizations. In addition to protecting customers from damaging threats, such as ransomware and data exfiltration, it helps them slash costs, reduce complexity, and improve the user experience by eliminating stacks of latency-creating gateway appliances.
Zscaler was founded in 2007 with a mission to make the cloud a safe place to do business and a more enjoyable experience for enterprise users. Zscaler’s purpose-built security platform puts a company’s defenses and controls where the connections occur—the internet—so that every connection is fast and secure, no matter how or where users connect or where their applications and workloads reside.Job Description
- You have an understanding of compliance issues and design with these in mind from start to finish.
- Knows the difference between the theoretical best solution and the solution that delivers to our customers on time.
- Create / update Terraform manifests and modules, plans.
- Create / update Ansible playbooks.
- Extend Jenkins shared library (CPS Groovy and Jenkins pipeline code)
- Design, improve, and create tools to help team members do their work more effectively.
- Sets objectives for project goals and other team members and monitors progress to achieve those goals.
- Negotiates, persuades and gains consensus from cross functional team(s)
- Constantly provide input to improve Deployment Framework and help enhance procedures.
- Lead “time critical” tasks and help ensure proper resolution with thorough research.
- Acts independently under general direction.
- Actively identifies issues, seeks out solutions and makes recommendations to apply customized solutions to solve business problems.
- Duties include instructing, directing, and checking the work of junior release engineering team members through code review, pair programming, etc.
- 6-10 years of experience in software development with minimum 5+ years release management, devops, automation hands on experience.
- Experience writing and developing: Jenkins (pipeline jobs), terraform manifests and modules, ansible playbooks and roles.
- Understanding of configurations as code. Strong desire to automate and promote ci/cd.
- Strong ability to find solutions to problems and implement using open source tooling.
- Comfortable in a multi-platform environment.
- Expertise in IAC tools such as Ansible, Terraform, and similar.
- Expert knowledge of kubernetes.
- Strong ability with bash/groovy.
- Solid understanding of git and branching workflows.
- Ability to communicate in a calm and concise manner with multiple team stakeholders.
- Experience with development tools such as Jenkins/Bamboo/Jira/Confluence/etc.
- Ability to troubleshoot build issues and provide resolutions for developers.
- Familiarity with linux/freebsd, make, gradle, and etc.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- CI/CD pipeline tooling.
- AWS technologies including, but not limited to: EKS/ECS/Fargate, Lambda, Cloudwatch.
- Constantly updating technical knowledge and skills and mentoring others to increase the skill level of the department.
- Excellent knowledge of basic computer network procedures.
- Excellent Presentation skills.
- Proficiency in providing excellent customer service to customer base (developers across multiple engineering teams).
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
What You Can Expect From Us:
- An environment where you will be working on cutting edge technologies and architectures
- A fun, passionate and collaborative workplace
- Competitive salary and benefits, including equity
People who excel at Zscaler are smart, motivated and share our values. Ask yourself: Do you want to team with the best talent in the industry? Do you want to work on disruptive technology? Do you thrive in a fluid work environment? Do you appreciate a company culture that enables individual and group success and celebrates achievement? If you said yes, we’d love to talk to you about joining our award-winning team.
Additional information about Zscaler (NASDAQ: ZS ) is available at https://www.zscaler.com.
Zscaler is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.