DevOps Engineer, Staff at ChowNow
Within 1 Month You’ll:
- Progress through our Ramp Camp (ChowNow’s New Hire Onboarding Experience)
- Begin to learn and contribute to our development and deployment patterns.
- Start contributing to our release process, log analysis, security patching, AWS infrastructure management, and high availability by advancing our Terraform and Ansible codebase through writing code and documentation.
Within 3 Months You’ll:
- Participate with engineering leadership to plan the prioritized roadmap of DevOps and Infrastructure projects.
- Have a command of infrastructure tools and processes, and be able to contribute to refining them.
- Share responsibility for defining, sharing, and achieving team and individual goals.
- Represent the DevOps organization regarding high level concepts and ideals.
- Contribute to the technology architecture review board.
- Take active part in shaping DevOps roadmap by proposing new projects and defining priorities and initiatives
Within 6 Months:
- You will lead and contribute to advanced pipelining and deployment architecture; enabling development self service
- You will contribute to building world-class monitoring, alerting and logging solutions for our platform
- You will become the owner of a number of other tools, platforms, and processes, taking them to next level
- You will help us maintain our PCI level 1 compliance
- You will observe and participate in the interview process of prospective team members.
You Should Apply If You Have:
- 6+ years of experience with DevOps practices
- 8+ years of overall infrastructure management experience
- 6+ years AWS experience, including but not limited to EC2, RDS, CodeSuite, lambda, and ECS/Fargate
- Experience operating container-based workloads
- Proficiency in at least one programming language, Python preferred
- Strong understanding of Linux operating systems, ideally RedHat/CentOS/Amazon Linux, and networking fundamentals.
- Strong foundation in security principles and best practices
- Solid knowledge of at least one of the major configuration management and automation frameworks (Terraform and Ansible preferred)
- Hands on experience running highly available MySQL, PostgreSQL, ElasticSearch, or Redis
- Hands on experience setting up and maintaining monitoring, alerting and logging solution
- Experience building CI/CD pipelines, qa/development environments and related tooling
- Experience creating scalable systems, preferably in e-commerce or consumer-facing websites
- Enthusiastic contributor to high-level architecture
About Our Benefits:
- Competitive Salary
- Ongoing training and growth opportunities.
- A "Best Place to Work" winner multiple times where we focus on creating a great employee experience.
- A remote first culture and monthly stipend offering flexibility to work where you want and how you want.
- Rock solid medical, dental, and vision plans.
- Mental Health Coverage - we offer several programs to support your mental health and wellness goals.
- 3 weeks paid vacation; paid holidays; we expect you to work hard, but still enjoy your personal life
- 7 weeks of baby bonding time for all new parents (within the first year of birth or adoption), 8 Weeks of Paid Pregnancy Leave.
- 401(k) Matching
- Employer-contributing student loan assistance program.
- Commuter benefits (including Uber Pool).
- Employee Stock Incentive Plan.
- Pet insurance for your fur babies
- Quarterly Industry Speakers Series.
- Quarterly Tech Events (Women, LGBTQ, Diversity, Inclusion).
- Consistent & fair leadership: we’ll share info, set clear goals, show you respect, and treat everyone fairly.
- Enough freedom to spread your wings while still holding you accountable.
- Fully stocked kitchen and cold brew on tap.