LivePerson is a transformational force in how brands and consumers communicate. With over 18,000 brands, including HSBC, Verizon, and Home Depot, we are on a mission to make life easier for people and brands everywhere through trusted Conversational AI. We believe in a future where conversations are the norm for getting your intentions fulfilled - whatever they are.
We are an innovative, intent-driven company that believes in building the future and we are looking for growth minded, unconventional thinkers, developers and builders to join the team.
You will thrive here if:
You can operate in a fast paced, dynamic environment
You can build partnerships that move our business forward
You build code that is simple, understandable, and clean
You see feedback or failure as motivation to learn and to grow
You believe data-driven decision making is the norm
You relate to our core principles (link) and want to work with Conversational AI experts
The successful candidate has an opportunity to join a highly outstanding team within a fast-paced and successful organization.
In this role you will:
- Improve the end to end lifecycle of application services by closely working with the partnering teams through all the phases of design, development, deployment, operation and refinement.
- Provide support services before they go live through activities such as system design, developing software platforms and frameworks, capacity planning and launch reviews.
- Design, implement and support operational and reliability aspects of large scale Kubernetes clusters with focus on performance at scale, real time monitoring, logging and alerting
- Maintain services once they are live by measuring and monitoring availability, latency and overall system health.
- Scale systems sustainably through mechanisms like automation and evolve systems by pushing for changes that improve reliability and velocity.
- Develop innovative solutions to ensure efficient SRE processes under regulatory requirements. Bring SRE expertise to the product teams that enforce regulatory requirements.
- Practice sustainable incident response and blameless postmortems
- Be part of an on call rotation to support production systems
- Support CI/CD pipeline to enable efficient delivery of service to production.
You should be an expert in:
- Solid understanding of infrastructure concepts like load balancers,
- Solid understanding of Kubernetes
- Experience with monitoring tools like Prometheus/Grafana
- Experience in maintaining and scaling out distributed data stores like Cassandra, ElasticSearch and Redis etc
- Solid experience in Shell scripting
- Solid experience in Ansible or similar tools
- Solid experience with Git, Jenkins, and other CI/CD tooling.
What you need for success :
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or a related field
- 7+ years of experience building successful production software systems
Why you’ll love working here:
LivePerson was named to FastCompany’s World’s most innovative companies of 2020 list for the Artificial Intelligence category. We offer top tier tech & data science colleagues, along with opportunities to push your own limits. We embrace invention and experimentation. You’ll have great benefits, flexible time off, plus snacks and drinks to keep your mind fresh and stomach full. Most importantly, you’ll have an ability to make an impact at work and at brands across the globe as we build the future with trusted Conversational AI together.
At LivePerson, people from diverse backgrounds come together to do their best work and be their authentic selves. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.