Within 30 Days You’ll:
- Progress through our Ramp Camp (ChowNow’s New Hire Onboarding Experience)
- You will begin to learn and contribute to our development and deployment patterns.
- You will begin contributing to our release process, log analysis, security patching, AWS infrastructure management, and high availability by advancing our Terraform and Ansible codebase through writing code and documentation.
Within 60 Days You’ll:
- You will participate with engineering leadership to plan the prioritized roadmap of DevOps and Infrastructure projects.
- You will have a command of infrastructure tools and processes, and be able to contribute to refining them.
- You will share responsibility for defining, sharing, and achieving team and individual KPI goals.
Within 90 Days You’ll:
- You will contribute to the technology architecture review board.
- You will be a knowledge leader, contributing teaching and continuing to learn.
- You will be able to take active part in shaping DevOps roadmap by proposing new projects and defining priorities and initiatives
Within a year:
- You will contribute to building world-class monitoring, alerting and logging solutions for our platform
- You will become the owner of a number of other tools, platforms, and processes, taking them to next level
- You will help us maintain our PCI level 1 compliance
- You will observe and participate in the interview process of prospective team members.
You Should Apply If You Have:
- 3+ years of experience with DevOps practices
- 5+ years of overall infrastructure management experience
- 3+ years AWS experience, including but not limited to EC2, RDS, CodeSuite, lambda, and ECS/Fargate
- Experience operating container-based workloads
- Proficiency in at least one programming language, Python preferred
- Solid understanding of Linux operating systems, ideally RedHat/CentOS/Amazon Linux, and networking fundamentals.
- Solid foundation in security principles and best practices
- Solid knowledge of at least one of the major configuration management and automation frameworks (Terraform and Ansible preferred)
- Hands on experience running highly available MySQL, PostgreSQL, ElasticSearch, or Redis
- Hands on experience setting up and maintaining monitoring, alerting and logging solution
- Experience building CI/CD pipelines, qa/development environments and related tooling
- Experience creating scalable systems, preferably in e-commerce or consumer-facing websites
- Enthusiastic contributor to high-level architecture
About Our Benefits:
- Competitive Salary
- Ongoing training and growth opportunities.
- A "Best Place to Work" winner multiple times where we focus on creating a great employee experience
- Rock solid medical, dental, and vision plans.
- Remote Work stipend
- Mental Health Coverage - we offer several programs to support your mental health and wellness goals.
- 3 weeks paid vacation; paid holidays; we expect you to work hard, but still enjoy your personal life
- 7 weeks of baby bonding time for all new parents (within the first year of birth or adoption), 8 Weeks of Paid Pregnancy Leave.
- 401(k) Matching
- Employer-contributing student loan assistance program.
- Employee Stock Incentive Plan.
- Pet insurance for your fur babies
- Quarterly Industry Speakers Series.
- Quarterly Tech Events (Women, LGBTQ, Diversity, Inclusion).
- Consistent & fair leadership: we’ll share info, set clear goals, show you respect, and treat everyone fairly.
- Enough freedom to spread your wings while still holding you accountable.