DevOps Engineer - Remote at Black Spectacles
Are you known for your ability to execute with a high degree of expediency and accuracy? Are you a direct and analytical person adept at working independently? Want to help make the world a safer, more sustainable and more creative place? If so, Black Spectacles’ DevOps Engineer role may be the perfect opportunity for you to grow in your career!
At Black Spectacles, we’re a purpose driven company, aimed squarely at educating and inspiring architects across the world so they can thrive in their careers.
Our platform attracts architects around the world who want to push the limits of their industry. Our content — which includes podcasts, design tutorials and exam prep — helps architects keep pace with emerging technologies and software so they can do their best work.
Black Spectacles is Chicago-based with a fully remote staff. We are a Great Place to Work-Certified™ company and ranked #11 in Education on the INC. 5000 America’s Fastest Growing Company List in 2019. To keep that momentum going strong, we’re expanding our team of enthusiastic go-getters. We’re on the hunt for a DevOps Engineer to ensure system reliability, stability, and scalability of our SaaS products and platforms by performing all DevOps activities.
- Architect, implement, automate, and support a world-class, cloud-native SaaS solution in AWS to improve security, efficiency, performance, and reliability.
- Manage all production and pre-production environments, as well as production deployments utilizing industry standard build and deployment tools such as Jenkins, Ansible, CloudFormation, Docker, Kubernetes, etc.
- Be responsible for hands-on coding tasks as well as operational activities.
- Demonstrated experience managing AWS cloud infrastructure in a growing environment - AWS certification is a must
- You aim to and take great pride in keeping systems up and running 24/7
- Extensive experience with container-based technologies such as Docker, Kubernetes, EKS, GKS
- Strong experience with different cloud services such as Amazon Elastic Beanstalk, AWS API Gateway, Lambda, SNS, S3, Guard Duty, Cloudtrail, etc.
- You have experience with Source Code Management toolset (GitHub, Bitbucket)
- You have experience monitoring system health, testing system under load, identifying and fixing security vulnerabilities in the cloud infrastructure
- Experience managing cloud security, including remediation, identification, and compliance verification
- Hands-on experience building and deploying complex applications in a production environment.
- Knowledgeable about managing infrastructure as code (using Terraform, CloudFormation, etc)
- Enthusiastic problem solver who loves to write code to solve automation/glue problems and develop effective tooling
- “Self-Starter” attitude, able to make decisions independently while taking ownership of continuous improvements
- Knowledge of database systems (Aurora/MySQL, PostgreSQL)
- Adept at writing specifications and documentation, and can assist with DevOps culture adoption in our organization
- ‘Work from wherever’ policy
- Unlimited Vacation
- Blue Cross Blue Shield health, dental, vision, short-term / long-term disability and life insurance
- Flexible Savings Accounts and Health Savings Accounts
- 401k with Employer match
- Profit sharing program
- Employee referral program
- Commuter pre-tax program
- Frequent team events & quarterly social gatherings
Black Spectacles is an equal opportunity employer.