In 2011 SkySlope started as an idea born at the kitchen table of our CEO, with just him and two others. Headquartered in Sacramento, California, we have since grown out of our previous 3 offices and many of our close to 180 employees are spread all across the United States. Those 180 employees support close to 300,000 users across 5,000 offices nationwide and now in Canada as well. Included in that is 8 out of the 15 largest Real Estate Brokerages in the nation.
But, despite being happy with what we’ve achieved we know that as industry leaders in our space there’s a lot of work left to be done. All of the growth and success that has happened is a result of us obsessing over building cutting edge software that makes the Real Estate world a better place. We know this only happens by hiring people who don’t just come up with out of the box ideas but hiring people who actually see those ideas through and bring them to life. As we’ve grown, we’ve been fortunate enough to hire plenty of people who possess that quality and realize it’s equally important to hire people who can pair that skill with empathy, collaboration, and a keen sense of urgency. If you’re looking to join a company where you can have real impact and surround yourself with an incredible team of people then look no further.
At a rate of 2 million requests per month, performance and code quality matter. Our software is used by hundreds of thousands of customers who demand a high quality, responsive and reliable application. We're looking for a Senior DevOps Engineer who has experience with Amazon Web Services (AWS) and is an expert in increasing productivity and reliability through automation of deployments and improving system redundancy and monitoring.
- Develop infrastructure and deployment systems based on services team’s need for delivering software in a timely manner.
- Design and implement the overall architecture of new systems.
- Create and maintain performance/availability monitors, and alerts.
- Actively participating in solutions, processes, and technology discussions as they apply to infrastructure.
- Share knowledge of technologies utilized by SkySlope operations to the wider Engineering team.
- Report systems health as they relate to a given services team.
- Plan and implement systems rollout as required by software delivery commitments.
- Collaborate with QA for monitoring and reporting performance test results.
- Increase domain knowledge about SkySlope and our clients.
- Continued learning around technologies that SkySlope utilizes.
- Constant exploration into better ways of doing things.
- 4+ years of software and systems experience
- Kubernetes expert
- Experience using Helm
- AWS Mastery (IAM, VPC, Cloudformation, Terraform, Elastic Beanstalk, EC2, Route 53, S3, Lambdas, CloudWatch)
- Automated Deployments using IaaS, Jenkins etc.
- Monitoring and Alerting using DataDog, Prometheus, etc.
- System design and architecture using Linux, and Containers (Docker)
- Common coding skills in Go and Python
- The salary range for the Senior DevOps Engineer position is $140,000.00 - $170,000.00 USD
Perks & PTO
- $1000 referral bonuses
- 15 PTO days per year
- 16 paid holidays per year (5 floating to be used at any time)
- Paid day off on your birthday
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Short and Long Term Disability Insurance
- Company paid Life Insurance
- Flexible Spending Account
- 4 Weeks Paid Parental Leave
Retirement and Investment
- 401k + match
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan opportunities
More Information on SkySlope
SkySlope operates in the Other industry. The company is located in Sacramento, CA. SkySlope was founded in 2011. It has 138 total employees. It offers perks and benefits such as Dental Benefits, Vision Benefits, Health Insurance Benefits, Life Insurance, 401(K) and Employee Stock Purchase Plan. To see all 11 open jobs at SkySlope, click here.
Read Full Job Description