Zoro offers millions and millions of products - an endless aisle with everything you need to run your business. We offer fast and free shipping, no-hassle returns, and exceptional customer service. We've grown quickly in a short time and are continuing to do so while aggressively growing our revenue. We are excited to be a part of an award-winning culture - we have been named a Great Place to Work for multiple years in a row, among other local and national accolades. We think Zoro is a pretty amazing place to work and grow, and think you will too!
The primary function of this role includes building, maintaining, and monitoring reliable infrastructure, security, and pipelines in our multi-cloud environment to deliver highly available and scalable services. The DevOps Engineer will automate as much as possible to minimize manual work and meet security and compliance objectives in all aspects of the Zoro ecosystem, leverage managed cloud services, perform basic system administration tasks, and serve on the on-call team as an escalation contact for service incidents.
The DevOps Engineer is responsible for working with key stakeholders to help define our multi-cloud strategy, and delivering those capabilities through modern automation tools, principles, and patterns. Responsibilities will include cloud-native platform advocacy to enhance features and improve adoption. The DevOps Engineer will work closely with other DevOps Engineers, Software Engineers, Big Data Engineers, and Architects. DevOps resides within the IT Infrastructure and Operations area.
Skills & Qualifications:
- Hands-on experience engineering, deploying, and managing pipelines in an enterprise-scale environment utilizing Jenkins, CircleCI, TeamCity, or any other build automation tool.
- Experience with the commonly used managed services in cloud-native environments (GCP, AWS, Azure) with a working knowledge of their CLIs.
- Proficient with scripting and IaC languages to automate tasks/services (e.g. Bash, Python, Groovy, Ansible, Terraform, CloudFormation, etc.).
- Experience setting up the infrastructure, processes, and tools for container-based development and deployment (e.g. Docker, Kubernetes, Helm, Tiller).
- Understanding of web servers and their associated tools such as Nginx, Gunicorn, IIS, Django, etc.
- Skilled using messaging queues such as Kafka, RabbitMQ, Redis, Pub/Sub, etc.
- Knowledge of IP networking, VPNs, VPCs, DNS, load balancers, security groups, and firewalls.
- Experience with data archiving, backup, and disaster recovery using managed cloud services.
- Administer and rotate secrets/keys using a KMS to adhere to security compliance guidelines.
- Incorporate security tools, scans, and quality gates into the pipelines to adhere to PCI/SOX.
- Experience using application and network diagnostic and monitoring tools to understand the existing application and network workloads (e.g. Supervisor, Systemd, CloudWatch, Stackdriver, Zabbix).
- Experience with source control tooling, such as TFS or GIT, in a team environment.
- Take part in the production environment support rotation (via pager), escalating issues as warranted.
- Bachelor's Degree in OMIS, MIS, CIS, CS, or equivalent related experience.
- 1-5 years experience in application development or preferably DevOps/SRE experience.
- Knowledge of the DevOps culture, principles, and DevOps frameworks.
- An enjoyment of technical challenges and eagerness to explore new approaches.
- An Agile mindset with the ability to adapt to changing priorities and requirements.
- Fault analysis/determination and problem-solving skills are a must.
- Ability to effectively communicate technical issues and status to technical and non-technical audiences.
- Excellent communication, and documentation skills leveraging the Atlassian Stack (JIRA, Confluence).
- An understanding of production environments, including the requirement for high availability and team-oriented 24x7 support capabilities.
- A willingness to ask for help and the ability to communicate what you need to do your best work.
- Military education or experience may be considered in lieu of the civilian requirements listed.
Zoro Values and Inclusive Culture:
We share a commitment to our Zoro values - Win & Lose Together (We prefer winning!), Take Ownership, We Are Transparent, and Aspire to be Customer-Obsessed. Everything we do at Zoro is centered around delighting our customers. It's a natural extension of our company culture and how we care for each other. We believe when we act in ways that are consistent with these values, we can solve any technical challenge that lies ahead of us. As a Zoro employee, you can expect to work with smart, energetic people, learn something every day, and be valued for your perspective.
Zoro is dedicated to fostering an environment where people of all backgrounds and beliefs are represented, and all team members can be confident that their experiences and perspectives are valued. Zoro aims to empower all employees to learn about, raise awareness, and promote diversity and inclusion through all of our workplace interactions. Zoro is a place where everyone can learn, grow and thrive.
We recognize the courage and effort it takes to apply for your next opportunity. We also recognize that there is rarely such thing as a perfect candidate. Even if you do not meet every qualification, we still encourage you to apply -- we do not want to miss out on meeting the next person who could emerge as a key contributor to our business and culture.
Zoro is an Equal Opportunity Workplace and an Affirmative Action Employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.