DevOps Engineer (EHR) at ESO (Des Moines, IA)
How You’ll Support Our Mission
You will develop automation solutions for deploying the infrastructure and services required to run our applications in Azure. You’ll be a teacher, an engineer and a promoter for modern DevOps and Infrastructure-As-Code practices.
Our backend services are authored in .NET, Java and Scala and our frontend applications are typically developed using AngularJS and TypeScript. We use Azure’s cloud platform for SQL and NoSQL databases, elastic storage, asynchronous messaging and streaming analytics. Bamboo, Jenkins and Octopus Deploy are the primary tools used for CI/CD.
Reporting to the Senior Manager of Development you will be part of our Engineering team based in our Austin, TX office.
What You’ll Be Doing – the day to day
You can expect to:
- Work with our development and quality teams to implement and advise on the use of technologies, tools, and processes and move them towards infrastructure-as-code
- Be the expert and Go-To person for DevOps across the organization
- Have flexibility and ownership of DevOps technology and processes
- Please note this list is not exhaustive
Who You Are - some of the essential things required to be successful in the role;
4 – 5 years’ as a DevOps Engineer with experience of:
- Experience working with Azure DevOps
- Experience with Azure’s cloud platform, tools and services
- CI/CD tools such as Jenkins or Bamboo or Octopus etc.
- Infrastructure as code tools such as Terraform or Cloud Formation or Chef or Puppet or Ansible
- Scripting languages such as Bash or Python or PowerShell
- .NET applications and SQL databases
Who You Are – it’s desirable if you have experience of any or all of the following:
- Automated testing tools
- Docker and Kubernetes orchestration
- APM/Infrastructure monitoring and alerting tools such as New Relic
- Linux environments
- Site Reliability Engineering
Benefits & Perks
ESO offers a comprehensive suite of benefits to promote health and financial security for our employees and their families. For full-time employment you this includes:
- Competitive health plans (medical, dental, & vision insurance)
- PTO (starting at 20 days) & 12 company holidays
- 401(k) with company match
- Telemedicine service provided by ESO
- Savings accounts (FSA, HSA, DCA)
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Annual health and wellness and education reimbursements
- Peace of mind benefits such as life insurance, disability insurance, and worksite benefits
- Paid parental leave, new child program, & flexible parental return-to-work options
- Casual office environments and unlimited office snacks and drinks
ESO is a fast-paced, growing data, technology and research company passionate about improving community health and safety through the power of data. We pioneer innovative, user-friendly software to meet the changing needs of today’s EMS agencies, fire departments, and hospitals. We’re small enough to be nimble and fun, but big enough to be a great place to work. We serve thousands of customers out of our six US offices and our Belfast, Northern Ireland office.
Are you ready to Make a Difference? At ESO, we believe in bringing your true self to work every single day. If you don’t match all the qualifications on the job description, we encourage you to apply anyway! We are looking for passionate, innovative, and authentic people to help drive our mission.
All offers are contingent upon a successful background check.
ESO is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive work environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We invite you to consider opportunities at ESO regardless of your gender; gender identity; gender reassignment; age; religion; race; national origin; political affiliation; sexual orientation; disability; veteran status; or other non-merit factor.