DevOps Developer at Spectrum (Charlotte, NC)
Develops, modifies, enhances and implements software systems designed to support new or existing business initiatives. Projects are usually of considerable complexity and require an in-depth knowledge of development tools. Works in most phases of a project and may review work of less experienced staff members. Performs maintenance and provides technical assistance and advice on existing software solutions.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Actively and consistently supports all efforts to simplify and enhance the customer experience.
- Codes and performs unit and integration testing of software to ensure proper and efficient execution and adherence to business and technical requirements.
- Codes, tests, and debugs new software or makes enhancements to existing software.
- Writes programs according to specifications.
- Participates in code review sessions to validate adherence with development standards.
- Develops and maintains technical documentation.
- Serves as secondary escalation point to resolve incidents and problems for production applications and web services supported by the team in accordance with identified Service Level Agreements.
- Collaborates with customers, internal and cross-departmental technical teams to identify software problems and communicate remediation plans.
- Generates a variety of complex and periodic reports and/or data through database.
- management, data administration and data extraction techniques.
- Provides general system users and management with system analysis and feedback.
- Influences system design by identifying and recommending design and requirements needs for software enhancements.
- Mentors and coaches less experienced staff.
- Maximizes the efficiency of the various software systems by implementing, monitoring, testing and auditing new software programs.
- Participates in continuous performance improvement sessions to discuss opportunities to improve processes or standards.
- Analyzes and resolves computer related problems by coordinating with in-house personnel to diagnose and fix operational difficulty, as well as consulting, advising and training on specialized features and functions.
- Follows established configuration/change control processes.
Required Skills/Abilities and Knowledge
- Ability to read, write, speak and understand English
- Knowledge of Voice, Data, Video, Wireless technologies
- Understanding of software design patterns and principles
- Ability to identify measures or indicators of system performance and the actions needed to improve or correct performance, relative to the goals of the system
- Ability to deal with ambiguity, uncertainty, and incomplete information when evaluating alternatives and making recommendations
- Ability to work seamlessly within a team as well as manage individual tasks
- In-depth technical knowledge of Information Technology field and computer systems
- Demonstrated communication skills (written, interpersonal, presentation), with the ability to easily and effectively interact and negotiate with business stakeholders
- Creative and abstract thinking skills to envision and design innovative solutions to business opportunities and challenges
- Proven ability to work independently; designing, developing and deploying solutions, and to deliver projects on time with minimal direction
- Ability to listen and evaluate all opinions without bias, and contribute to a common culture of excellence
BA/BS in Information Technology, Computer Science, related field or equivalent work experience
Required Related Work Experience and Number of Years
Experience with DBMS - 3-5
Experience with coding, testing and design - 3-5
Experience with software development methodologies - 3-5
Preferred Skills/Abilities and Knowledge
Adobe Experience Manager (AEM)
Network concepts - Load balancers, DNS, firewalls
Experience of dealing with technical side of video streaming (NOT video operations)
Experience of enterprise level search tools - Solr/Elastic search
Advanced Splunk (data extraction, creating dashboards and alerts)
Advanced AppDynamics (configuring application alerts and organizing web services etc.)
Experience with handling or documenting disaster recovery scenarios
Bash scripting (if possible experience working with APIs)
Understanding/writing LDAP queries
Experience of kubernetes (or Docker)
PHYSICAL AND MENTAL REQUIREMENTS
ISW370 305371-2 305371BR