Type Of Hire :
Experienced (relevant combo of work and education)
Education Desired :
Bachelor of Computer Science
Travel Percentage :
Who Are We:
FIS connects consumers to their money through leading-edge payments solutions. We're the development engine of FIS: the largest, Fortune500, Fintech company in the world. Our solution is branded by our customers - banks and retailers - so you might not have heard of us. But, if you've used a mobile banking app, interacted with an ATM, or used a debit card to complete a financial transaction, you're most likely using FIS software. Our product is one that touches the average consumer on a regular basis, and makes the financial world go 'round. Headquartered in Jacksonville, Florida, FIS serves more than 20,000 clients in over 130 countries, and our technology powers billions of transactions annually that move over $9 trillion around the globe. FIS is a Fortune 500 company, ranked 392 on the Fortune 500 list and is a member of Standard & Poor's 500® Index. Named a 2016 "World's Most Admired Company" by Fortune Magazine.
About the Team:
FIS is looking for a Programmer Analyst - DevOps DBA to join a new DevOps team. The Digital One Technical Delivery team builds and delivers a new FIS solution based on microservices architecture for containerized cloud-ready infrastructure. Our development stream leverages Agile methodologies - our team's role is to build source code and promote artifacts through to releasable status. Our focus is pipeline automation of everything - builds, tests, scans, configuration, database and deploys - with metric collection. We are looking for talented resources to be a part of this dynamic team that will grow with the growth of the solution.
What you will be doing:
- Help shape and build our next gen pipeline deployment infrastructure with Database automation tools.
- Implement Flyway database tools within a CICD pipeline.
- Work closely with DevOps teammates to maintain consistent deployments between the application and database.
- Partner with BAs to execute configuration scripts.
- Support database during application troubleshooting.
- Engage with Development teams to take latest version and promote release through client test environments.
- Create/maintain/improve automation that builds and deploys environments for client focused testing and implementation teams.
- Troubleshoot and remediate script issues.
- Manual execution of configuration scripts as needed.
- Manual execution of Schema updates as needed
- Initial provisioning and basic configuration of server from a base Oracle VM image.
- Configuration of schemas and users.
- Collaboration and hand off to Enterprise Production DBAs.
- Metrics collection and dashboarding
- Maintain Git and Artifactory repository structures
- Collaborate with team to package releases with Helm charts
- Advocate for best practices when it comes to DevOps processes, culture, and 12-factor application design.
What you bring:
- Experience building Database automation with Flyway or Liquibase tools.
- Experience Automating database provisioning - containers or VM.
- Experience with CICD pipelines with promotion to multiple environments.
- Experience with basic configuration of Oracle database servers
- Experience with Oracle dev tools, writing and executing scripts.
- Understanding of DevOps best practices.
- Solid experience with Git-based source repositories.
- Experience using Cloud services such as Microsoft Azure Service or AWS
- Experience with container-based platforms such as Docker, Kubernetes, OpenShift, AKS/EKS.
- Experience using Helm as package manager for container applications.
- Programming or scripting with Bash, Go, Python, and similar languages.
- Experience with API based applications- test tools and concepts.
- Infrastructure and networking experience.
- Strong communication and organization skills to work with internal teams.
What we offer you
- A multifaceted job with a high degree of responsibility and a broad spectrum of opportunities
- A modern, international work environment and a dedicated and motivated team
- A competitive salary and benefits
- The chance to work on some of the most challenging, relevant issues in financial services & technology
- A work environment built on collaboration, flexibility and respect
- Varied and challenging work to help you grow your technical skillset
Notice to all US applicants: All employees must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Individuals with a disability (including a medical condition) or sincerely held religious beliefs or practices that prevent them from getting the vaccine may request an exemption from the vaccine requirement.
FIS is committed to protecting the privacy and security of all personal information that we process in order to provide services to our clients. For specific information on how FIS protects personal information online, please see the Online Privacy Notice .
FIS is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here supplement document available here
For positions located in the US, the following conditions apply. If you are made a conditional offer of employment, you will be required to undergo a drug test. ADA Disclaimer: In developing this job description care was taken to include all competencies needed to successfully perform in this position. However, for Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) purposes, the essential functions of the job may or may not have been described for purposes of ADA reasonable accommodation. All reasonable accommodation requests will be reviewed and evaluated on a case-by-case basis.
Recruitment at FIS works primarily on a direct sourcing model; a relatively small portion of our hiring is through recruitment agencies. FIS does not accept resumes from recruitment agencies which are not on the preferred supplier list and is not responsible for any related fees for resumes submitted to job postings, our employees, or any other part of our company.