- Retain and assess progress of contractors, utility companies, outside engineers, land planners, and other consultants relative to development and other project goals and timelines.
- Serve as the Company's primary point of contact for approval of plats and engineering plans by all governmental agencies and attend related Planning and Zoning Commission, City Council, and County Commissioners' Court meetings.
- Evaluate development bids from independent contractors and make recommendations on selection of contractors.
- Monitor contractors' progress by on-site observations.
- Coordinate installation of franchise utilities (electric, gas, phone & cable).
- Monitor project schedules and revise as necessary.
- Review and recommend modifications to preliminary plats.
- Receive all contractor draws and review and approve for payment.
- Assist in conducting acquisition analysis studies and due diligence investigations.
- Attend MUD board meetings as developer representative.
- Work with attorneys and financial advisor on any bond offerings.
- Coordinate development activities with District Engineer.
- Attend CIA meetings as developer representative. Make recommendations concerning association business.
- Engage contractors to maintain association property as needed.
- Maintain knowledge base in the development and platting process for various local municipalities.
- College degree in Civil Engineering preferred, MBA preferred.
- P.E. License preferred.
- Requires at least 4 years of relevant land development experience.
- Ability to communicate and negotiate effectively and professionally with outside professional consultants and contractors both verbally and in writing.
- Effectively work with engineering and planning departments of local municipalities and counties.
- Thorough understanding of engineering design principles as they apply to land development projects.
- Understanding of Texas Municipal Utility Districts (MUDs) and other special districts and how they relate to land development projects.
- Ability to read and comprehend complex instructions, reports, correspondence, blueprints, construction plans, plats, and development plans. Ability to write correspondence and reports. Ability to manage and forecast the progress and performance of one or more projects.
- Demonstrated computer skills including a working knowledge of MS Office products, including Outlook, Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
- Current, valid Driver's License with acceptable driving record.
Perry Homes is closely following the Coronavirus Disease (COVID-19) and implementing processes that promote candidate and employee safety. Out of an abundance of caution, our interviewing process will now be held virtually via Microsoft Teams.
***Note to job seekers: Your resume will be reviewed as the best qualified candidates will be contacted in the event that there is potential match***
Perry Homes is an Equal Opportunity Employer
More Information on Perry Homes
Perry Homes operates in the Other industry. The company is located in Houston, TX. Perry Homes was founded in 1967. It has 830 total employees. It offers perks and benefits such as Health Insurance Benefits, 401(K). To see all 11 open jobs at Perry Homes, click here.
Read Full Job Description