You are an articulate and seasoned technical expert who understands and can appreciate the challenges developers face integrating multiple services into custom apps. You have a technical depth, developer skillset, and a real passion for helping Okta's customers and partners use our secure, scalable, Identity Platform.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide well-thought-out and reliable advice and troubleshooting for application development with Okta APIs with existing and prospective customers, ISVs, and developers.
- Take end-to-end ownership of questions and issues, including initial troubleshooting, identification of root cause, and issue resolution.
- Write code/scripts to build user scenarios using Okta API and SDKs, to reproduce issues.
- Help developers understand how Okta works, and the various technical use cases of the platform.
- Collect information and document bugs with Engineering for API and product issues.
- Provide feedback to the training and documentation organization so that common or emerging issues can be addressed before they become serious or widespread.
- Craft process or troubleshooting documentation in the support knowledge base.
- Engage and respond to the Okta developer community through Stack Overflow, forums, etc.
- Deliver against customer experience targets.
- Push creative thinking beyond the boundaries of existing industry-standard practices to come up with process improvements and new ways to delight customers.
- BA/BS/MS in Computer Science, Management Information Systems, or related discipline
- 2-3 years of experience in software development, Customer Support, technical support, or preferably customer-facing roles.
- Experience working on cloud applications
- Expertise supporting both classic and modern web stacks (e.g., JSP, Rails, Django/Flask, Node.js. ASP.NET.)
- Experience supporting REST APIs.
- Deep experience with at least one standard network security protocol. (eg. OAuth, OAuth2, SAML, LDAP)
- Real passion for solving issues and advocating for their success, in a dynamic, highly technical environment.Ability to learn new technologies quickly.
- Excellent customer service and communication skills in a variety of forms (written, live chat, conference calls, in-person.)
- Ability to work independently with little direct supervision and as a part of a team.
- Excellent analytical and organizational abilities.
STRONGLY DESIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- Experience supporting Identity Access Management
- Experience supporting LDAP, SSO, SAML, or WS
- Experience supporting cloud applications such as Office 365, Google Apps, Salesforce, Workday, NetSuite, Box,
- Experience supporting n-tier web applications.
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Okta is rethinking the traditional work environment, providing our employees with the flexibility to be their most creative and successful versions of themselves, no matter where they are located. We enable a flexible approach to work, meaning for roles where it makes sense, you can work from the office, or from home, regardless of where you live. Okta invests in the best technologies and provides flexible benefits and collaborative work environments/experiences, empowering employees to work productively in a setting that best and uniquely suits their needs. Find your place at Okta https://www.okta.com/company/careers/.
By submitting an application, you agree to the retention of your personal data for consideration for a future position at Okta. More details about Okta’s privacy practices can be found at: https://www.okta.com/privacy-policy.