We’re Coinbase. We’re the world’s most trusted way to join the crypto revolution, serving more than 89 million accounts in more than 100 countries.
Our mission is to increase economic freedom around the world, and we couldn’t do this without hiring the best people. We’re a group of hard-working overachievers who are deeply focused on building the future of finance and Web 3.0 for our users across the globe, whether they’re trading, storing, staking or using crypto. Know those people who always lead the group project? That’s us.
There are a few things we look for across all hires we make at Coinbase, regardless of role or team. First, we look for candidates who will thrive in a culture like ours, where we default to trust, embrace feedback, and disrupt ourselves. Second, we expect all employees to commit to our mission-focused approach to our work. Finally, we seek people who are excited to learn about and live crypto, because those are the folks who enjoy the intense moments in our sprint and recharge work culture. We’re a remote-first company looking to hire the absolute best talent all over the world.
Ready to #LiveCrypto? Who you are:
- You’ve got positive energy. You’re optimistic about the future and determined to get there.
- You’re never tired of learning. You want to be a pro in bleeding edge tech like DeFi, NFTs, DAOs, and Web 3.0.
- You appreciate direct communication. You’re both an active communicator and an eager listener - because let’s face it, you can’t have one without the other. You’re cool with candid feedback and see every setback as an opportunity to grow.
- You can pivot on the fly. Crypto is constantly evolving, so our priorities do, too. What you worked on last month may not be what you work on today, and that excites you. You’re not looking for a boring job.
- You have a “can do” attitude. Our teams create high-quality work on quick timelines. Owning a problem doesn’t scare you, but rather empowers you to take 100% responsibility for achieving our mission.
- You want to be part of a winning team. We’re stronger together, and you’re a person who embraces being pushed out of your comfort zone.
Decentralization has enormous potential, and the Coinbase Developer Relations & Experience team is focused on fueling its growth by bringing more users into web3. How? By engaging, empowering and inspiring communities of web3 developers all around the world. Building strong relationships with Web3 developers is critical to the success of our efforts, which is why we’re looking for an engineer and writer who advocates for our developer communities and builds them world-class SDKs and tools. As a technical expert, you are the primary point of contact between external developers and Coinbase software engineers.
What you’ll be doing (ie. job duties):
- Represent the developer community to the Coinbase Product and Engineering teams, making sure that everything we build is easy to learn and sensible to use.
- Build and maintain SDKs and client libraries that enable Coinbase developer communities to understand and use our products with ease.
- Develop code examples, demo applications, and how-to software documentation for helping 3rd party developers on-ramp to Coinbase developer products.
- Create and grow strong engagement within key developer communities essential to Coinbase’s product and technology strategy by participating in standards organizations, meetups, roadshows, bootcamps, hackathons, lectures, online communities and more.
- Provide continuous feedback loops to product and technology leaders, informing strategies and influencing product and technology investments. You advocate for 3rd party developer interests and needs internally at Coinbase.
- Contribute to OSS projects (3rd party and Coinbase led) that further Coinbase’s product and technical strategies. You also advocate for and enable OSS contributions to be made by all Coinbase engineers.
What we look for in you (ie. job requirements):
- B.S. in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or relevant degree.
- 10+ years of experience, 5+ as a software engineer, and 3+ in dev relations or relevant field.
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills and experience writing for developer audiences.
- Deep understanding of developer workflows, user stories, user questions, use cases, and the documentation they need to efficiently build.
- Deep knowledge of APIs and SDKs (REST, gRPC, GraphQL).
- Fundamental knowledge of technical domains relevant to Coinbase, including smart contracts, Ethereum, EVM chains, React Native, and dapps.
- Demonstrable success contributing to and advocating for open-source software communities and/or crypto projects (both code and documentation).
- Passionate about crypto and what’s happening in decentralization and Web3.
Sound cool? Let's work together!
Notice for Colorado applicants as required by sb19-085 (8-5-20). Target annual salary for this role performed in Colorado is $148,500 + target bonus + target equity + benefits (including medical, dental, vision and 401(k)).
Coinbase is committed to diversity in its workforce and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sex, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other basis protected by applicable law. Coinbase will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. For US applicants, you may view Pay Transparency, Employee Rights and Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law notices by clicking on their corresponding links. Additionally, Coinbase participates in the E-Verify program in certain locations, as required by law.
Coinbase is also committed to providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to accommodations[at]coinbase.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. For quick access to screen reading technology compatible with this site click here to download a free compatible screen reader (free step by step tutorial can be found here).Global Data Privacy Notice for Job Candidates and Applicants
Depending on your location, the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) may regulate the way we manage the data of job applicants. Our full notice outlining how data will be processed as part of the application procedure for applicable locations is available here. By submitting your application, you are agreeing to our use and processing of your data as required.