Developer Advocate at Wix
Velo by Wix - an open web development platform used by professional web developers, freelancers and agencies worldwide to create advanced web presence at speed. The Velo Developer Relations team is looking to grow our developer community and guide our product roadmap. We are building relationships with tech partners that help our developers take the platform further, educate communities on the value of Velo, and listen to the pulse of the web development world. We ensure our product is adapting with the times while giving our developers the best platform for rapid web development.
While the U.S. Wix team is WFH during Covid-19, at this time we are seeking New York-based candidates who are able and willing to work on-site once we return to the office.
A builder who understands the challenges a developer faces. You speak their language and have the unique ability to translate their needs into meaningful change in products and services. You love the nerdy details and aren’t afraid to get into the weeds. You value transparency and honesty.
Both a good listener and a good communicator. You are the voice of the developer at the company and you want to make sure their voices are heard. You’re not afraid to be the only voice in a room that shares your opinion, as long as you have the data to back it up. You also are ready to share your knowledge with development communities, agencies, bootcampers, conference attendees, and more.
Ready to learn new things. You know developers always want the latest and greatest, so you’re experimenting with those yourself. You know the latest features Wix and Velo released and are excited to share the benefits with our developers.
As a Developer Advocate, you will:
- Provide community feedback to our Product team to make sure the roadmap reflects our Velo developer’s needs
- Share product knowledge for a vast set of audiences, from current Wix Users to Web Developers, in the form of conferences talks and workshops, webinars, meetups, blogs, and tutorials
- Work with Product and R&D teams to craft strategies for communicating the value of new features and introducing products to the community
- Establish and strengthen technical partnerships with key companies in conjunction with our Partnership team by writing technical content, working on joint dev projects, and being an active member of their communities
- Support our existing community of ambassadors developers by participating in our social platforms and helping their questions get answered on platforms like StackOverflow
- Be an active learner on our platform, trying out new features and building projects to gain empathy for our developer ecosystem
- Engage with developers from our top web development agencies and align with Account managers
* We are open to candidates outside this specific location.
We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Wix was built around the idea that everyone has the right to be successful, online. This same vision defines us as an employer: creating a work environment where everyone is welcomed, and anyone has the right to succeed.