Do you love helping developers solve challenging technical problems? Do you enjoy working with all types of developers from around the world? In this position, you'll empower a wide range of developers that build for the Atlassian Ecosystem and manage the team of Developer Advocates that make it happen.
As a Developer Advocacy Manager, you'll establish strong relationships with partners around the world in a scalable way, by crafting resources to help them build with Atlassian, including samples apps, technical guides, and workshops. You'll engage with our partner community, championing their interests, accelerating their development, and translating their feedback into actionable product insights.
What You'll Do:
- Lead a global team of developer advocates and support their career development.
- Create an inspiring vision and strategy for advocacy and empower the team to deliver on it.
- Define, track, and report on goals and success metrics for the team's performance and impact.
- Use your industry knowledge to help the team build strategies for different developer markets.
- Foster a healthy, inclusive team culture that emphasizes long-term thinking and sustainability.
- Collaborate with other leaders on the Developer Experience team, as well as partnerships, product, marketing, and engineering to align strategies and priorities for growing the developer platform.
- You have 5+ years of experience leading teams and love doing it; you feel passionate about empowering people and seeing them succeed.
- You live and breathe the developer world, can empathize with them and the challenges they face, and are excited to help them succeed.
- You understand the ins and outs of developer advocacy and how it fits into a broader developer platform strategy; You have experience in developer relations or a similar field.
- You have experience defining strategies and measuring performance against them.
- You comfortably navigate collaborating with cross-functional stakeholders, including product managers, engineers, and marketing teams.
- You are a great verbal and written communicator and are skilled at adjusting your message for different audiences.
More about our benefits
Whether you work in an office or a distributed team, Atlassian is highly collaborative and yes, fun! To support you at work (and play) we offer some fantastic perks: ample time off to relax and recharge, flexible working options, five paid volunteer days a year for your favourite cause, an annual allowance to support your learning & growth, unique ShipIt days, a company paid trip after five years and lots more.
More about Atlassian
Creating software that empowers everyone from small startups to the who's who of tech is why we're here. We build tools like Jira, Confluence, Bitbucket, and Trello to help teams across the world become more nimble, creative, and aligned-collaboration is the heart of every product we dream of at Atlassian. From Amsterdam and Austin, to Sydney and San Francisco, we're looking for people who want to write the future and who believe that we can accomplish so much more together than apart. At Atlassian, we're committed to an environment where everyone has the autonomy and freedom to thrive, as well as the support of like-minded colleagues who are motivated by a common goal to: Unleash the potential of every team .
We believe that the unique contributions of all Atlassians is the driver of our success. To make sure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience we never discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
If your experience looks a little different from what we've identified and you think you can rock the role, we'd love to learn more about you.
Learn more about Atlassian's culture, interviewing flow, and hiring process by checking out our Candidate Resource Hub .