Detection Engineer (Remote) at Deepwatch, inc.
Come join Deepwatch's team of world-class cybersecurity professionals and the brightest minds in the industry. If you're ready to challenge yourself with work that matters, then this is the place for you. We're redefining cybersecurity as one of the fastest growing companies in the U.S. - and we have a blast doing it!
Who We Are
Deepwatch is the leader in managed security services, protecting organizations from ever-increasing cyber threats 24/7/365. Powered by Deepwatch's cloud-based security operations platform, Deepwatch provides the industry's fastest, most comprehensive detection and automated response to cyber threats together with tailored guidance from dedicated experts to mitigate risk and measurably improve security posture. Hundreds of organizations, from Fortune 100 to mid-sized enterprises, trust Deepwatch to protect their business.
Deepwatch recognition includes:
- Forbes America's Best Startup Employers 2022
- Great Place to Work® Certified 2022
- Cybersecurity Excellence Award for MDR 2022
- Forrester: Top 10 MDR
- Goldman Sachs portfolio company: $53m Series B investment 2020
Detection Engineers serve as the subject matter experts in cybersecurity detections. This individual will participate in cybersecurity detection strategy, creation, tuning, validation, and correlation to ensure that Deepwatch customers have effective detections in place against an ever-changing threat landscape. Deepwatch Detection Engineers perform a wide array of tasks in an effort to increase alert fidelity, reduce false positives, and better inform MDR Security Analysts within their squad. Detection Engineers have a direct impact on customer security posture over time by increasing the operational efficiency and effectiveness of MDR Security Analysts and by aligning efforts with customer security priorities.
- Work with customers to develop a comprehensive strategy for effective detections of malicious activity
- Framework Mapping (MITRE, CIS, etc)
- Capability Advisement
- Log Source Prioritization
- Evaluate current monitoring and detection capabilities to identify areas for improvement
- Conduct Detection Gap Analyses
- Manage detection capabilities to ensure appropriate coverage, effective operation, and adherence to Deepwatch standards
- Detection Effectiveness (Tuning, Validation, etc.)
- Detection Creation
- Develop customer specific automation playbooks in conjunction with the development of local detections
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Required Experience, Skills and Knowledge
- 4+ Years of Cybersecurity Experience
- 3+ Years of SOC Analyst Cybersecurity Experience
- Up-to-Date on Current Cybersecurity Threat Landscape
Preferred Experience, Skills and Knowledge
- Bachelor's Degree in Relevant Field (Computer Science, Cybersecurity, Digital Forensics, Applied Mathematics, Engineering)
- 2+ Years of Splunk SPL Experience
- Experience Performing Signature Development
- Broad Understanding of Cybersecurity Technologies (UTM, EDR, IDS, SIEM, etc.)
- Relevant Certifications (GCIA, GCIH, CHFI, or equivalent)
- Ability to pass a pre-employment background and drug screen in accordance with applicable laws
This position will have access to customer data and as such is subject to International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). Upon application, candidates will be asked to confirm that they are a U.S. Person as defined by the following:
- A citizen of the U.S.
- A lawful permanent resident of the United States
- A person admitted to the United States as a refugee
- A person that has been granted asylum by the United States government
The intent of this requirement is not to verify employment eligibility overall, but to ensure compliance with import/export regulations. If you do not meet these requirements, we encourage you to apply for other open roles at Deepwatch. This information will be verified upon offer of employment.
For applicants in Colorado, the salary range for this role is $86,000 to $108,000 + bonus + commissions + stock options + benefits. Actual compensation may vary from posted hiring range based upon geographic location, work experience, education, and/or skill level.
*Note: Disclosure as required by sb19-085 (8-5-20).
What We Offer:
Deepwatch is excited to provide benefits designed to support team members and their families. Including:
- Medical, dental, vision, and disability insurance
- Paid time off, holidays, and family leave
- 401(K) retirement program with employer match
- Unique professional development benefits, starting at $3,000 annually
- Learn more here: https://www.deepwatch.com/careers/#benefits
We know the confidence gap and imposter syndrome can get in the way of meeting spectacular candidates, so please don't hesitate to apply - we'd love to hear from you.
Deepwatch welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities and accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. Please inform your recruiter or contact [email protected] for further information.
All Deepwatch employees are expected to:
- Be interested in and able to work remotely from a home office when not at a corporate office
- Pass a pre-employment background and drug screen in accordance with applicable laws
Equal Opportunity Employer
Deepwatch is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.