We’re building for a future where the internet and world economy empowers people, instead of treating people like a product. Where our interactions are based on consent, privacy, and people freely associating with one another. Where communities can flourish and individuals can pursue their dreams. To accomplish that, we’re working hard to make web3 more accessible for everyone.
MetaMask is both a blockchain wallet and a gateway to the entire decentralized web. Our tools help people create communities, play video games, access financial services, make payments, invest in assets, survive economic turmoil, and more use cases than we can even predict. We exist across multiple platforms (browser extension and mobile), and we serve the whole decentralized ecosystem.
About this Role
We’re looking for a UX Engineer to create shared UI components for the MetaMask extension and contribute to our design system.
You’ll be responsible for creating UI components, tools, and documentation that empowers MetaMask teams to create robust experiences for millions of users across the globe
You will collaborate with design system designers and engineers who work across all of our products and platforms, including extension, mobile (iOS, Android) and Snaps products.
This is a unique opportunity to help shape MetaMask’s UI component library and contribute to defining patterns for the future of Web3, and work towards the mission of democratizing access to the decentralized web.
- Collaborate with designers and UX engineers to create the design system foundations, UI components and tooling for a number of environments including (Figma, React, React Native)
- Thorough documentation and continuous improvement of DX(developer experience) of our UI components and tools.
- Encourage and educate developers on best practices for semantic HTML, responsiveness, accessibility and React component architecture.
- Create and maintain CI build scripting for publishing shared design system related packages for extension and mobile.
- Define processes for and write unit, visual regression and integration tests
- Create and review code PRs and component api proposals
What we are looking for:
- Excellent knowledge of HTML, CSS/SASS and accessibility standards
- Experience writing component stories and MDX documentation in storybook
- Proficiency writing unit tests and experience with visual regression testing
- Confidence with Git and the command line
- 2+ years of experience working with design systems
- Strong communication, collaboration, and creative problem-solving skill
- Strong systems thinker. You see how all the parts fit together, and how small changes propagate throughout the system
- Knowledge of Figma
- Experience or interest in creating Figma plugins
- Experience using animation libraries
- Testing Library
- Technical understanding of blockchain technology
About ConsenSys Software
ConsenSys Software is the leading Ethereum software company. We enable developers, enterprises, and people worldwide to build next-generation applications, launch modern financial infrastructure, and access the decentralized web. Our product suite, composed of Infura, Quorum, Codefi, MetaMask, and Diligence, serves millions of users, supports billions of blockchain-based queries for our clients, and has handled billions of dollars in digital assets. Ethereum is the largest programmable blockchain in the world, leading in business adoption, developer community, and DeFi activity. On this trusted, open source foundation, we are building the digital economy of tomorrow.