Design Engineer (Partial Remote) at John Deere
There are 7 billion people on this planet. And by 2050, there will be 2 billion more... many moving into urban centers at an unprecedented rate. Making sure there is enough food, fiber and infrastructure for our rapidly growing world is what we're all about at John Deere. And it's why we're investing in our people and our technology like never before in our 175-year history. Here the world's brightest minds are tackling the world's biggest challenges. If you believe one person can make the world a better place, we'll put you to work. RIGHT NOW.
Title: Design Engineer (Partial Remote)
Primary Location: Mexico (MX) - Nuevo León JD Shared Svcs-Monterrey
Function: Engineering (CA)
John Deere is a foremost leader in the ag equipment business, and we continue to put a solid stamp on other industries. For over 150 years, the company's portfolio of groundbreaking products has grown to include industries related to and outside of agriculture, including Turf, Construction and Forestry and Wind Technologies. The image of John Deere is no longer that of a signature green tractor meandering across a field; it's been replaced with an image of acceleration, swift progress, and innovative leaping toward the company's 200th year. The product line alone serves as proof with advances in machine performance, equipment automation, fleet management, and John Deere's ongoing investment in emerging markets.
Note: All candidates should have their tax situation certificate (Constancia de Siituación Fiscal) up to date to be eligible for the hiring process.
- Design of electrical harness 3D models and routing definition according to design guidelines, standards, and best practices.
- Design of electrical harness schematics, integrator planes, and prints according to design guidelines, standards, and best practices.
- Support cross-functional teams in CI (Continuous improvement) activities.
- Interact with other Product Engineering areas and PV&V (Product Verification & Validation) to understand system interactions and constraints to ensure alignment with their designs.
- Own electrical harness ETNs (Engineering Top Numbers) along with their BOM (Bill of Materials) and workflow.
- Interact with Supply Management, Quality Engineering, and electrical harness suppliers to ensure parts are ordered & delivered on time, appropriate manufacturing practices are followed, and quality standards met.
- Investigate, resolve, and document electrical harness routing issues in the NCCA (Non-Conformance and Corrective Action) system.
- Develop and improve electrical harness routing guidelines and processes.
- Verify electrical harness designs through the use of simulation tools.
- Provide guidance and feedback to contract engineers supporting the assigned projects.
What Skills You Need:
- Produces and/or evaluates possible design solutions to improve cost, quality and performance based on specialized knowledge of engineering applications. This may include possible involvement of other functional engineers, supply management and/or supplier personnel.
- Compiles and furnishes necessary information (engineering decisions and reports of pertinent design analyses data) to document the design solution required for building of prototypes and adoption of the design with possible involvement of other functional engineers, supply management and/or supplier personnel.
- Applies existing applications to routine problems.
- Analyzes assignments and determines engineering specifications which must be fulfilled for routine problems or projects.
- Learns and applies company engineering policies and practices; learns company products.
- Executes test or analysis plan for product verification and validation.
What Makes You Stand Out:
- 1.5+ years of experience in 3D modeling
- 1.5+ years of experience in electrical design
- Experience designing electrical harnesses
- EPDP and CI knowledge & experience.
- Agricultural machinery knowledge.
- Familiar with agricultural practices.
Education (or equivalent experience)
- B.S. Mechatronics, Electrical or Mechanical Engineering.
Inclusive Leadership feed the Worlds
The World is counting on us to feed billions of people and build vital infrastructure in villages, towns, and megacities. We believe by strengthening the diversity of our workforce, we can give everyone their chance to leap forward. That's why we celebrate diversity , champion equity, and promote inclusiveness so every employee can make the greatest impact as their true self.
At John Deere, you are empowered to create a career that will take you to where you want to go. Here, you'll enjoy the freedom to explore new projects, the support to think outside the box and the advanced tools and technology that foster innovation and achievement.
John Deere--a proven business leader-- watch your potential grow.
This position will be posted for a minimum of 10 business days and unposted when a qualified pool of candidates is achieved.
Candidates must have/obtain or process the necessary work permits to work in the country.