ServiceNow is making the world of work, work better for people. Our cloud‑based platform and solutions deliver digital workflows that create great experiences and unlock productivity for employees and the enterprise. We're growing fast, innovating faster, and making an impact on our customers' and employees' lives in significant and important ways. With over 6,900 customers, we serve approximately 80% of the Fortune 500, and we're on the 2020 list of FORTUNE World's Most Admired Companies.®
We're looking for people who are ready to roll up their sleeves and help us build on our incredible momentum, our diverse, engaged workforce, and our purpose to make the world of work, work better.
Learn more on Life at Now blog and hear from our employees about their experiences working at ServiceNow.
Our SWAT (Software Action Team) ensures the production stability of our customer application(s) and infrastructure services from an operations perspective. Our engineers are responsible for production stability and "champions at all service levels” and act as the last level of support for our customers (internal and external).
The ideal candidate for this position is a software engineer with a strong background in database technologies, performance analysis, and strong troubleshooting skills. The candidate must have a passion for chasing issues of complex systems running under dynamic, real-world loads. You will work in a fast-paced, innovative environment that allows direct influence on the organization and all our customers. In this role you will support the infrastructure by learning the platform from end to end.
What you get to do in this role:
- Develop automation tools to facilitate and improve day-to-day operations
- Become an SME in production triage, gain broad knowledge across ServiceNow's application and codebase, work with all the groups within Engineering/Operations, and groups outside of Operations (e.g. Customer Support).
- Learn how to identify bugs and solve challenging performance issues quickly. SWAT provides an excellent opportunity to learn and grow as a well-rounded problem and performance analyst.
To be successful in this role you have:
- 2+ years of experience supporting or testing large scale web-based distributed applications
- 2+ years of performance engineering/database experience
- 2+ years of hands on experience working on a SaaS, PaaS, or Cloud Infrastructure product/solution
- Unix skills: including development, navigation, file manipulation, permissions, searching/finding files and text contents, and administrative actions
- Strong problem-solving and analytical skills with an aptitude for learning new technologies
- And most importantly, eagerness to learn everything about the ServiceNow Platform
- Experience with service now platform, scripting, tuning,troubleshooting is highly preferred.
- Good understanding of schemas, table spaces, indexing, and database performance optimization
- Familiarity or knowledge of CentOS/RedHat operating system
- Formal experience on a DevOps or Performance or support team supporting a Web Based application is desired
ServiceNow is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin or nationality, ancestry, age, disability, gender identity or expression, marital status, veteran status or any other category protected by law.
If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact us at +1 (408) 501-8550, or [email protected] for assistance.
For positions requiring access to technical data subject to export control regulations, including Export Administration Regulations (EAR), ServiceNow may have to obtain export licensing approval from the U.S. Government for certain individuals. All employment is contingent upon ServiceNow obtaining any export license or other approval that may be required by the U.S. Government.