Data Security Architect at Fivesky
Are you passionate about cybersecurity? Do you obsess about applying best security practices especially when it come to data and know how to convey that to senior management? Are you okay with commuting to Baltimore a couple of times a month? Then Fivesky is looking for you - our next Data Security Architect.
Who you are:
- Bachelor’s in Information Technology, Computer Science or a related discipline.
- You make sure that the confidentiality, integrity and availability of the firm's data and advising on firm-wide policies and procedures
- You came up through an engineering background and understand systems and the SDLC
- 5+ years of cybersecurity with at least the last 2 architecting security solutions.
What you’ve done:
- Act as an SME when it comes to cloud and on-prem security architecture focusing on designing data protection controls
- Been responsible for cryptography (Not algos), DLP, data masking and know how to leverage encryption
- Identify potential risks of projects, document and address those risks and work with other teams to resolve the issue
What you will do:
- Use your data security skills to analyze and assess risk within the firm
- Consult with teams (Engineering/Development) advising IAM, authentication and data requirements and then document the best practice and advice on implementing them
- Knowledge of secure network design, entitlement design, database access, authentication methods , logging, input validation, security testing, encryption implementation, secure storage design and data transfer.
- Work with authentication technologies such as OAuth2, OpenID Connect, and SAML 2.0
It would be awesome if you had some security experience with some of this too:
- Cryptographic techniques
- Containerization (Kubernetes)
- Network security technologies
At Fivesky, our employees are our greatest asset and the focal point around which we operate; therefore, we always want the best for our employees. In addition to offering competitive compensation plans and long-term career opportunities, we offer an attractive mix of benefit plans to our employees that include provisions for vacation, holiday pay, and sick days.
Fivesky is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regard to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
This is a full-time, direct employment opportunity in Baltimore. Salary is open based on experience and qualifications