Cybersecurity Network Engineer at NielsenIQ
Our Cybersecurity team works diligently to ensure NielsenIQ’s software, hardware, and related components are protected from cyber-attacks. We’re constantly developing new security systems, analyzing current systems for vulnerabilities, and handling cyber-attacks in an efficient and effective manner worldwide.
As a Cybersecurity Network Engineer, you will support the global Cybersecurity Operations Center by building, implementing, optimizing, and administering enterprise-grade cybersecurity solutions to safeguard Nielsen’s data, systems, networks, and associates.
What you’ll do
- Build, configure, maintain, and monitor cybersecurity threat defense capabilities.
- Create, implement, and tune policies on cybersecurity tools.
- Collaborate with Enterprise IT to appropriately configure cybersecurity systems and services to monitor for indications of compromise.
- Manage and maintain Firewall, IPS, WAF, packet capture, SSL Decryption, NAC, and other network security tools.
- Maintenance and monitoring the health and wellness of the security solutions.
- Assist troubleshooting escalated cybersecurity incidents to aid in rapid resolution.
- Collaborate with stakeholders to develop dashboards, reports, and alerts to meet their cybersecurity operational information requirements.
- Investigate and recommend corrective actions to help Incident Responders resolve cybersecurity incidents.
- Coordinate integrations and collaboration with managed security service providers.
We’re looking for people who have
- Bachelor's Degree from an accredited college or university with a major in Cybersecurity or Computer Information Systems, or a minimum of 5 years of cybersecurity experience.
- Minimum 5 years of general IT experience with various operating systems in a functional capacity (Windows, Linux, macOS).
- Minimum of 3 years of direct experience in cybersecurity operations.
- Experience with configuring and maintaining cybersecurity technologies. Preference to experience with Checkpoint, Palo Alto, Gigamon, ExtraHop, Cisco, and Microsoft cybersecurity tools.
- In-Depth understanding of cybersecurity operations and incident response procedures and toolsets used for internal investigations and audit/compliance reviews.
- Experience with the MITRE ATT&CK Framework and Cyber Kill Chain
- Knowledge of common information security standards, such as ISO 27001/27002, NIST, CIS, PCI DSS, ITIL, and COBIT.
- Understanding of Cloud IaaS/PaaS. Preference to experience with Azure.
- Basic understanding of the elements of the System Development Life Cycle.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team with minimal supervision
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Must be able to communicate technical details in a clear, concise, understandable manner.
- This position requires minimal travel.
NielsenIQ is a global measurement and data analytics company that provides the most complete and trusted view available of consumers and markets worldwide. We provide consumer packaged goods manufacturers/fast-moving consumer goods and retailers with accurate, actionable information and insights and a complete picture of the complex and changing marketplace that companies need to innovate and grow. Our approach marries proprietary NielsenIQ data with other data sources to help clients around the world understand what’s happening now, what’s happening next, and how to best act on this knowledge. We like to be in the middle of the action. That’s why you can find us at work in over 90 countries, covering more than 90% of the world’s population. For more information, visit www.niq.com.
NielsenIQ is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action-Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, marital status, protected veteran status or any other protected class.