Customer Qualification Engineer - 2138 at KIOXIA America (Sacramento, CA)
KIOXIA America, Inc. is the U.S.-based subsidiary of KIOXIA Corporation, a leading worldwide supplier of flash memory and solid state drives (SSDs). From the invention of flash memory to today’s breakthrough BiCS FLASH™ 3D flash memory technology, KIOXIA continues to pioneer innovative memory, SSD and software solutions that enrich people's lives and expand society's horizons. The company's innovative BiCS FLASH™ 3D flash memory technology is shaping the future of storage in high-density applications, including advanced smartphones, PCs, SSDs, automotive, and data centers.Job Description
As a Customer Qualification Engineer, your primary role is to provide support for customer qualifications on our datacenter SSD products on behalf of our engineering and development teams. During the product qualification phase, you will provide support on test plan development and execution, failure analysis and status reporting. This includes ensuring all hardware and software components of the qualification are in place and ready for execution, reporting on execution and issue status, and participating in update meetings.
- Manage qualification infrastructure from multiple customers
- Plan and perform execution of customer qualifications
- Perform failure triage on any issues found during the qualification
- Work with the respective Product Support Engineer to ensure alignment of tasks
- Drive issues to resolution in a timely manner
- Write test status reports on a regular basis
- Use JIRA bug tracking system for filing and managing issues
- BS degree in computer engineering or equivalent field with minimum 7 years of experience in a technical related field or MS degree in computer engineering or equivalent field with minimum 5 years of experience in a technical related field.
- Understanding of computer system architecture fundamentals
- Troubleshooting skills to include run/break/fix capabilities and issue isolation
- Experience with Windows and Linux server operating systems
- Experience with Python scripting
- Experience with bug tracking tools
- Good verbal and written English communication skills
Req# 2138; #LI-JV1;
The expected salary for this position is $108,386 - $180,716
At KIOXIA, we value the following:
- Investment in you
- Offering opportunities for career growth and personal development training
- Open-minded management
- Empowering employees by listening and responding to ideas, issues, and approaches
- Flexible work-life balance
- Offering a generous PTO allotment, holiday shutdown, and flexible work options
- Diversity of cultures, perspectives, backgrounds and experiences of all our team members
- Through our diversity, equity and inclusion initiatives, our focus is to strengthen our company culture to create more inclusion and belonging for all
- Benefits for our team members
- Excellent medical and non-medical benefits, 401(k) matching, pet insurance
KIOXIA America, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.