Customer Engineer at Pythian (Remote)
Sorry, this job was removed at 5:15 p.m. (CST) on Monday, July 11, 2022
North America | Remote | #LI-Remote | Work from Home
Are you based in Canada or the US? Can you be a strategic advisor to our customers to understand their business goals and desires to shape best in class solutions that deliver more value, more inspired and more creative, meaningful innovation? Do you get a kick out of understanding a customer's business architecture and aligning vision with practicality to deliver outstanding outcomes across sales, pipeline generation and solution development? Can you talk with c-level stakeholders, understand their needs and help to develop solutions along with our technical consultants and sales teams? Are you deeply familiar with key Public Cloud Platforms, Infrastructure technology and migrating enterprise capability into newer and better platforms - understanding what solutions best suit a wide variety of organizations and industries? Could you help Pythian's customers to transform how they compete and win in an ever-changing environment by delivering advanced on-prem, hybrid, cloud and multi-cloud solutions to solve their toughest data challenges, faster and better than anyone else?
If you have a passion for solving complex problems with technology and love data, then this could be the job for you!
What will you be doing?
- Engaging with assigned or targeted customer organizations. Understanding customer business and establishing technical and business credibility with clients providing the ability to cultivate relationships and envision creative sales and solution strategies that generate additional revenue.
- Overseeing holistic solutions from both business and technical perspective across all Lines of Business (LOBs), taking into account all realities and constraints such as costs, contract terms, business conditions and the technical environment of the client.
- Organizing and leading technical customer needs identification and scoping calls including ensuring participation of relevant LOB resources and drives the EAD process to create a viable, competitive and timely solution.
- Leading the creation of customer specific services and technology solutions to include coordinating a team of line of business, solutions, delivery and PM resources, integrating partner technology and teams and owns the production of the client facing SoW.
- Creating and cultivating key trusted-advisor relationships with senior level IT executives demonstrating an understanding of key business challenges within customer markets and how company technology-enabled business solutions can address those needs.
- Owning the technical, services and architecture agenda for named customers and drive the account innovation component for key customer engagements.
- Maintaining and continually adding individual partner technical certifications and support the achievement of corporate specializations and program inclusions.
- Providing recommendations to the offering organization on new offerings, upgrades/augmentation to enhance corporate competency in meeting the needs of customers
- Actively participating in customer project kick-offs, architecture sessions, key status meetings, milestone reviews and project closeouts.
- Act as a point of technical consultation and escalation for both client and partner contacts.
What do we need from you?
- While we realize you might not have everything on the list, to be the successful candidate for the Customer Engineer job you will likely have prior experience as a Data Architect or Cloud Solutions Architect and specialized knowledge and experience in the following:
- Excellent knowledge of the business of Data management & Data lifecycle
- A strong understanding and experience with Cloud architectures specifically: Google Cloud Platform (GCP), Microsoft Azure or Amazon Web Services (AWS) with a focus on the data services
- In-depth knowledge of popular database and data warehouse technologies from Microsoft, Amazon and/or Google (Big Data & Conventional RDBMS), Microsoft Azure SQL Data Warehouse, Teradata, Redshift, BigQuery, Snowflake etc.
- Good understanding of conventional databases (Oracle, SQL Server, MySQL, Postgres, etc.)
- Experience moving data to cloud and designing cloud based data warehouses/architectures
- Writing or spec’ing out data pipelines
- Knowledge of cloud based ingestion and transformation tools
- Prior experience in a technical sales environment
- Consulting experience & Management experience would be nice to have
- A certification such as Google Cloud Professional Cloud Architect, Google Professional Data Engineer or related AWS Certified Solutions Architect / Big Data or Microsoft Azure Architect would also be great
Pythian excels at helping businesses use their data and cloud to transform how they compete and win in this ever-changing environment by delivering advanced on-prem, hybrid, cloud and multi-cloud solutions to solve the toughest data challenges faster and better than anyone else. Founded and headquartered in Ottawa, Canada in 1997, Pythian now has more than 370 employees located around the globe with over 350 clients spanning industries from SaaS; media; gaming; financial services; e-commerce and more. Pythian is known for its technology-enabled data expertise covering everything from ETL to ML. We pride ourselves on our ability to deliver innovative solutions that meet the specific data goals of each client and have built meaningful partnerships with major cloud vendors AWS, Google and Microsoft. The powerful combination of our extensive expertise in data and cloud and our ability to keep on top of the latest bleeding edge technologies make us the perfect partner to help mid and large-sized businesses transform to stay ahead in today’s rapidly changing digital economy. If you are Partner Marketing Manager; live in the US; love your data and want to love your career then join us!
For this job an equivalent combination of education and experience, which results in demonstrated ability to apply skills will also be considered.
Pythian is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
The successful applicant will need to fulfill the requirements necessary to obtain a background check.
Applicants must be legally authorized to work in their country of residence permanently– Pythian will not relocate, sponsor, or file petitions of any kind on behalf of a foreign worker to gain a work visa, become a permanent resident based on a permanent job offer, or to otherwise obtain authorization to work.
Love Your Data™ is a registered trademark of Pythian Services Inc.
*INR values are approximate at CAD to INR exchange rate June 2021
No recruitment agencies
More Information on Pythian
Pythian operates in the Analytics industry. The company is located in New York, NY. It has 426 total employees. It offers perks and benefits such as Disability insurance, Dental insurance, Vision insurance, Health insurance, Life insurance and 401(K). To see all 4 open jobs at Pythian, click here.
Read Full Job Description