Crop Care Electrical Product Verification & Validation Engineer at John Deere (Des Moines, IA)
Title: Crop Care Electrical Product Verification & Validation Engineer - 85411
Primary Location: United States (US) - Illinois - Des Moines, IA
Function: Product Engineering
GJE Job Title:
Employee Referral Bonus:
This position may be located in Silvis, Illinois or Des Moines, Iowa per the hiring manager's discretion. This may be dependent on the successful candidate's background, experience, and proficiency.
As a Crop Care Electrical Product Verification & Validation Engineer for the John Deere Seeding Group located in Silvis, IL or Des Moines, IA you will....
- Work with Electrical Design engineers across Crop Care to develop appropriate verification plans/activities to prove function and durability of design changes to electrical components.
- Work with the Platform Reliability team to incorporate component reliability into part and sub-system test plans.
- Lead the planning & execution of the John Deere Quality Product Verification & Validation activities for electrical components across the Crop Care machine platforms.
- Planning and executing field verification of electrical components with customers is also within scope.
Visa sponsorship is NOT available for this position.
What Skills You Need
- 1 or more years of Experience creating verification plans
- 1 or more years of Experience collecting data utilizing eDAQ and/or CAN loggers.
- 1 or more years of Experience analyzing data using nCode and CANanalyzer.
- 1 or more years of experience working on cross-functional teams interacting across multiple design centers.
- 1 or more years of Experience working with agricultural equipment.
- Strong organization and communication skills while working with cross functional teams.
- Project planning skills.
- Willingness to travel up to 25% of the time.
What Makes You Stand Out
- Experience writing functional, performance, and durability test plans.
- Experience with various John Deere Quality electronic testing requirements.
- Experience developing reliability plans for components.
- Prioritization skills and experiences managing multiple activities.
- Familiarity with tractor, planter, and software operation.
- Working knowledge of common farming practices and applications.
Ideally you will have a degree or equivalent related work experience in the following:
• Bachelor's degree in electrical, mechanical or agricultural engineering, or equivalent experience
What You'll Get
At John Deere, you are empowered to create a career that will take you to where you want to go. Here, you'll enjoy the freedom to explore new projects, the support to think outside the box and the advanced tools and technology that foster innovation and achievement. We offer comprehensive relocation and reward packages to help you get started on your new career path. Click here to find out more about our Total Rewards Package.
The information contained herein is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and qualifications required of individuals performing the job. The qualifications detailed in this job description are not considered the minimum requirements necessary to perform the job, but rather as guidelines.
An Equal Opportunity Employer, John Deere requires a diversity of people, perspectives and ideas to address the complex challenges of its global business. John Deere is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, among other things, race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability.