Credit Card Fraud Strategy Lead - Gemini Credit Card, Trust & Safety at Gemini
Empower the Individual Through Crypto
Gemini is a crypto exchange and custodian that allows customers to buy, sell, store, and earn more than 30 cryptocurrencies like bitcoin, bitcoin cash, ether, litecoin, and Zcash. Gemini is a New York trust company that is subject to the capital reserve requirements, cybersecurity requirements, and banking compliance standards set forth by the New York State Department of Financial Services and the New York Banking Law. Gemini was founded in 2014 by twin brothers Cameron and Tyler Winklevoss to empower the individual through crypto.
Crypto is about giving you greater choice, independence, and opportunity. We are here to help you on your journey. We build crypto products that are simple, elegant, and secure. Whether you are an individual or an institution, we want to help you buy, sell, and store your bitcoin and cryptocurrency. Crypto is not just a technology, it's a movement.
At Gemini, our mission is to empower the individual and that includes giving our employees flexibility of choice — our Office Optional Policy allows employees to choose to work from one of our physical locations or from home.
Select roles that are location-specific will still be eligible for flexible schedules.
The Department: Trust & Safety
Trust & Safety at Gemini is a team dedicated to stopping bad actors, securing our user’s funds and ensuring the integrity of Gemini’s digital asset marketplace. We are a diverse group of technology, legal, and operational professionals who develop new approaches to solving classic problems using cutting edge tools and processes.
The Role: Credit Card Fraud Strategy Lead, Gemini Credit Card
Gemini’s Trust & Safety team is looking for a Fraud Strategy Lead to help facilitate the upcoming launch of the Gemini Credit Card; an innovative product that offers users Bitcoin rewards. In this role, you will be responsible for leading the ongoing management of application and transaction fraud risk of the product. You will play a major part in building and setting the direction of a high-performing team.
- Closely monitor financial & operational metrics
- Identify risk trends of concern and come up with mitigation strategies and product improvements
- Keep up to date with prevalent vectors of credit card and crypto fraud
- Periodically review and iterate on existing suite of controls
- Maintain vendor relationships pertaining to the product
- Provide thought leadership to first line of operations, i.e. customer support agents and fraud investigators
- Provide periodic updates to senior management on metrics and risks
- Work closely with Operations, Product & Engineering teams to guide the development of the product
- BA/BS in relevant field or commensurate years of experience
- 3-5 years of experience on a Risk, Trust and Safety or Fraud team at a credit card issuer
- Deep understanding of the most prevalent types of credit card fraud and best practices for how to identify and prevent it
- Strong knowledge of credit card fraud management tools and vendor landscape
- Ability to think on the feet and maintain composure in difficult and complex situations
- Comfortable with making decisions in ambiguity
- Roll-up-the-sleeves, no-task-is-too-small-attitude; willingness to do what’s necessary to ensure the safety of our customers
- Strong team player, ability to work with interdisciplinary teams
- A healthy balance of empathy and skepticism, and the ability to question one’s own assumptions
- Working knowledge of scripting & querying languages (e.g., Python, SQL)
- Familiarity with digital assets
It Pays to Work Here
We take a holistic approach to compensation at Gemini, which includes:
- Competitive Compensation and Profit-Sharing Equity
- Flexible vacation policy
- Retirement Plan Matching
- Generous Parental leave
- Comprehensive health plans
- Training and professional development
At Gemini, we strive to build diverse teams that reflect the people we want to empower through our products, and we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, or Veteran status. Equal Opportunity is the Law, and Gemini is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and affirmative action employer. If you have a specific need that requires accommodation, please let a member of the People Team know.