Cortex Solutions Architect - SOAR Automation *REMOTE* at Palo Alto Networks
At Palo Alto Networks® everything starts and ends with our mission: Being the cybersecurity partner of choice, protecting our digital way of life.
We have the vision of a world where each day is safer and more secure than the one before. These aren’t easy goals to accomplish – but we’re not here for easy. We’re here for better. We are a company built on the foundation of challenging and disrupting the way things are done, and we’re looking for innovators who are as committed to shaping the future of cybersecurity as we are.
Disruption is at the core of our technology and on our way of work to meet the needs of our employees now and in the future through FLEXWORK, our approach to how we work. We’re changing the nature of work from benefits to learning, location to leadership, we’ve rethought and recreated every aspect of the employee experience at Palo Alto Networks. And because it FLEXes around each individual employee based on their individual choices, employees are empowered to push boundaries and help us all evolve, together.Job Description
As a Palo Alto Networks Cortex Solutions Architect, you will be the SME for the XSOAR offerings and knowledgeable about Cortex XDR. The Cortex portfolio includes Cortex XDR Prevent (Endpoint), Cortex XDR Pro – Investigations, Response and Analytics, Autofocus, Cortex Data Lake and XSOAR (Security Orchestration, Automation & Response) Base and Threat Intelligence Module.
Cortex Solutions Architect is the interface between business and technology. Working closely both internally - with product and engineering to share feedback from the field, and externally - with our prospects and customers to understand their business needs and to design technical solutions that take the best advantage of Cortex platform.
- Drive complex deals in the pre-sale stage, alongside sales reps.
- Support the technical field sales engineer on POCs (proof of concept) – assist with the pre-sales process by answering technical questions, conducting POC evaluations and working with engineering to bridge any gaps.
- Work closely with product and engineering to debug and correct challenges encountered during POCs.
- Training of the field sales engineers to present new features, product roadmap, new improvements, and sprint summary.
- Present Cortex platform to prospects.
- Able to conduct architecture level discussions with prospects.
System and network administration experience within heterogeneous environments (Linux and Windows), with hands-on experience with Linux operating systems.
Knowledgeable on Security Technologies - Firewalls, Endpoint prevention, SIEM, Vulnerability management tools both from a business driver and Technical standpoint.
Proven communication skills
Analyzing security threats and a systemic approach in addressing these threats.
Experience with security incident response or SOC operational processes – manual and automated is a plus
Deep understanding of multiple security products and secure coding techniques is a plus
Experience with customer facing roles – Pre-sale or post-sales is a plus
Startup experience is a plus
Palo Alto Networks has brought technology to market that is reshaping the cybersecurity threat and protection landscape. Our ability to protect digital transactions is limited only by our ability to establish relationships with our potential customers and help them understand how our products can protect their environments. This is where our solution architect (SA) teams come in. Our SA team members work together with large organizations to keep their digital information safe. Our passionate systems engineering teams educate, inspire, and empower our potential clients.
We’re trailblazers that dream big, take risks, and challenge cybersecurity’s status quo. It’s simple: we can’t accomplish our mission without diverse teams innovating, together. To learn more about our dedication to inclusion and innovation, visit our Life at Palo Alto Networks page and our diversity website.
Palo Alto Networks is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity in our workplace, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or other legally protected characteristics.
Additionally, we are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for all qualified individuals with a disability. If you require assistance or an accommodation due to a disability or special need, please contact us at [email protected]
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Covid-19 Vaccination Information for Palo Alto Networks Jobs
- Vaccine requirements and disclosure obligations vary by country.
- Unless applicable law requires otherwise, you must be vaccinated for COVID or qualify for a reasonable accommodation if:
- The job requires accessing a company worksite
- The job requires in-person customer contact and the customer has implemented such requirements
- You choose to access a Palo Alto Networks worksite
- If you have questions about the vaccine requirements of this particular position based on your location or job requirements, please inquire with the recruiter.