Are you curious, motivated, and forward-thinking? At FIS you'll have the opportunity to work on some of the most challenging and relevant issues in financial services and technology. Our talented people empower us, and we believe in being part of a team that is open, collaborative, entrepreneurial, passionate and above all fun.
About the Team:
FIS® Trading Suite (formerly Valdi) provides a modernized and consolidated view of equities and listed derivatives trading across global markets with comprehensive access to positions and risk management.
What you will be doing:
Develop core versions of software applications for sale to external clients. Identifies client purchasing requirements and technical specifications through Product Management and/or client representatives. Interacts with engineering groups to assist in design changes to equipment and/or software. Trains and communicates with clients on systems application.
GENERAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
• Analyzes, designs, programs, unit test, debugs and modifies software enhancements and/or new products
• Interacts with internal/clients technical team and/or users to define system requirements, necessary modifications and UAT and/or production support• Writes code, completes programming and performs testing and debugging of applications using current programming languages and technologies• Completes documentation and procedures for installation and maintenance• May deliver informational and decision-seeking presentations to technical and business groups to internal and/or external audiences
A Bachelor's / Master's degree in computer engineering, computer science or other related discipline or the equivalent combination of education, training, or work experience.
GENERAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
• Excellent analytical, decision-making, problem-solving, team and time management skills
• Solid understanding of design patterns and their application
• Knowledge of end-to-end systems development life cycles, e.g., Agile, Kanban, iterative and other modern approaches to software development• Proficiency in software development and solutions design
• Knowledge of Capital Markets/Sell-Side or Buy-side industry• Outstanding verbal and written communication skills to technical and non-technical audiences of various levels in the organization, e.g., executive, management, individual contributors
MUST HAVE *
- Core JAVA *
- Object Oriented Programming *
- Network and socket programming
- Solid understanding of Complex application architecture including *
- low latency/high throughput systems
- High availability
- Distributed systems
- Low Latency backend Development using Core Java, Sybase, Linux, Solaris
- TCP/IP, Multicast and Network Programming using Java NIO
- FIX protocol knowledge will be big plus
- Data structures, Algorithms and Strong understanding of design patterns
- Prefer understanding of Equities Trading rules and SEC regulations such as RegNMS, RegSho, Trade Reporting, Manning and their application in software development
- Exposure to OMS/EMS/ATS system development will be plus
What we offer you
- A multifaceted job with a high degree of responsibility and a broad spectrum of opportunities
- A broad range of professional education and personal development possibilities -FISis your final career step!
- A competitive salary and benefits
- A variety of career development tools, resources and opportunities.
All employees must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 on or before December 31, 2021. Individuals with a disability (including a medical condition) or sincerely held religious beliefs or practices that prevent them from getting the vaccine may request an exemption from the vaccine requirement.
FIS is committed to protecting the privacy and security of all personal information that we process in order to provide services to our clients. For specific information on how FIS protects personal information online, please see the Online Privacy Notice.
FIS is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here supplement document available here
For positions located in the US, the following conditions apply. If you are made a conditional offer of employment, you will be required to undergo a drug test. ADA Disclaimer: In developing this job description care was taken to include all competencies needed to successfully perform in this position. However, for Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) purposes, the essential functions of the job may or may not have been described for purposes of ADA reasonable accommodation. All reasonable accommodation requests will be reviewed and evaluated on a case-by-case basis.
Recruitment at FIS works primarily on a direct sourcing model; a relatively small portion of our hiring is through recruitment agencies. FIS does not accept resumes from recruitment agencies which are not on the preferred supplier list and is not responsible for any related fees for resumes submitted to job postings, our employees, or any other part of our company.